X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danowens3
    Experienced
    • Dec 29 2005

"Back Edge of Vent Window Seal" B8s-6321450 Installatio

Looking for some help on how to install the vent window seal part # B8S-6321450-pr. It appears to be some type of a press rivet. T-bird HQ sent a baggy with small rivets in it, but I am stumped as to how to flare the rivets? I know how to remove the old rivets, where they go, and where to install the seal. Is there some type of special tool to put the rivets on? Or, would a center punch be able to flare the rivets? Or, is there another approach to take? Any suggestions you can provide would be very much appreciated. Thank you, Dan 60 Hardtop
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: "Back Edge of Vent Window Seal" B8s-6321450 Install

I rebuilt and re-chromed the vent windows on my 1959. To secure the brass hollow tip rivets I used a center punch and hammer. It takes some practice to get them flattened right, since the head of the rivet needs to be held down while the hollow end is hit.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

• luckykh
      • Oct 8 2007

Where to find Rivets

I am replacing the vent window bar that the main window uses as a track. To do this, however, I had to remove two rivets at the top of the window, as well as all of the rivets along the inside of the channel. Where can I find more of these rivets? Two came with the vent window seal, but I need a bunch more. I tried a local hardware store, a home depot, and an auto store--no luck at any of them. Does anyone know where to find these?

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Where to find rivets

It looks like Alexander is still with us in spirit, luckykh! He just answered your question. Look below your post. And below that you will see that Danowens3 said he got his rivets from TB Hqs. Hope that helps you!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
        Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• luckykh
          • Oct 8 2007

More Rivets

I have the same part, the vent window seal, which comes with 2 rivets. However, i need more flat rivets for the channel. These are not offered as a separate part.

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

More Rivets

Hi!

According to what was posted below by danowens3, you should be able to get more rivets through Thunderbird Headquarters. You should be able to find their telephone number on the Technical Resources Library. I think it is there. If not, one of us can give it to you, or you can just google their name and you will find their website and their information. Tell them what you are working on, and they should be able to find and send you some more rivets..

Good Birding.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
            Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎