X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakota Boy
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 30 2009

blower motor ground wire

where is the proper place to attach the blower motor's ground wire?

thanks
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517
  • DKheld
    Super-Experienced
    • Aug 27 2008

Mine was attached at the yellow arrow below to a screw by itself - have no reason to believe it was ever moved as the heater box had not been apart before I started the A/C project - so I would say that was the factory spot. The blue arrows are where the blower motor was mounted. There is a spot to the left of the upper left blue arrow but don't think that is the screw (out of town right now but will double check when I get home - just a lucky pic of the area I had on my laptop).

Eric
    registry 5347

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

Eric, I love that you have (and freely share) extensive pictures of all your restoration projects. Your pictures are clear shots and they sure help us all for restoration reference. Thanks. - Dave
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Dakota Boy
        Super-Experienced
        • Jun 30 2009

Thanks--

reason I ask is that the ground wire has a small ring connector at the end; which would fit only a small sheet-metal screw.

Comment

• DKheld
          Super-Experienced
          • Aug 27 2008

Greg,

Just got home and checked - the info in the pic is correct - yellow arrow is the ground mounting point. My blower motor also has a ring terminal on the ground wire. That black object to the left of the upper left motor mount point turned out to be a rubber cover on a screw originating from the inside.

Dave,

Awwww - you guys are just too nice. Glad to try and contribute. I consider all the folks here my friends and hope anything I can do helps - even if just a little. You and the moderators need to take a bow - if you guys didn't keep the site up and going - what a bad day that would be. (but I do appreciate the compliment)

Eric

Comment

• Dakota Boy
            Super-Experienced
            • Jun 30 2009

At first I tried attaching the ground wire right to the fan housing. Motor wouldnt run. Moved the ground wire to the firewall, and now the motor spins like a top.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎