View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 12:01 AM
simplyconnected's Avatar
simplyconnected simplyconnected is offline
Slow Typist
Join Date: May 26 2009
Posts: 7,524
simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

Larry, your car should be charging at 14.5 volts. 17 volts will burn out your headlights and tail lights too soon. Long stretches of time at 17 volts will overheat your battery and start spewing acid out the top. Why would you take electrolyte out?

I know nothing about your charging system. If you tell us what you have maybe we can help. - Dave
My latest project:
CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Reply With Quote