X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Larry Jones
    Experienced
    • Feb 3 2009

1962 fuel filter

I have a 62 convertible with 52000 miles on it. It appears to start up with no problems even in the cold weather. How do you no when fuel filter problems occur or any smytoms specficaaly involved with this problem.I no it can be a bear to get a strap around the cannister and also removing the oil filter for leverage. Maybe Iam over reacting. Larry
  • KULTULZ

Originally posted by Larry Jones

How do you no when fuel filter problems occur or any smytoms specficaaly involved with this problem.I no it can be a bear to get a strap around the cannister and also removing the oil filter for leverage. Maybe Iam over reacting. Larry
    Fuel Filter Cannister Wrench-

Comment

• Dan Leavens
      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Larry as a general rule of thumb for my 58 & 60 HT'S, I change the fuel filter every two (2) years ( cruisin seasons ) They are readily available on Ebay and I purchase them whenever I see them.Kultz has the right tool and an alternative is the simple kitchen tool ( similar in design ) that opens jars and bottles etc.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Larry Jones
        Experienced
        • Feb 3 2009

1962 f-tbird convertible removing the cannister

Originally posted by Dan Leavens
        Larry as a general rule of thumb for my 58 & 60 HT'S, I change the fuel filter every two (2) years ( cruisin seasons ) They are readily available on Ebay and I purchase them whenever I see them.Kultz has the right tool and an alternative is the simple kitchen tool ( similar in design ) that opens jars and bottles etc.

I bought one of these rubber straps the problem is that the oil filter has to be removed to get any type of a grip around it Also its a bear to turn it appears alot of wd 40 on it. Thanks dan. Larry

Comment

• KULTULZ

Grip the cannister as high as you can as they are subject to collapsing after being on a few years. Make sure the replacement element came with a new gasket also.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎