No announcement yet.

Almost Done!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost Done!

I was able to actually drive several miles today and actually made it home too without any excitment or strange noises. Stop almost all the bleeding (A/T and P/S leaks).

I'm putting the final pieces of the dash back together and have one question on the jigsaw puzzle. Left and right under dash plates are screwed in. The center support plate with the control panel for the temp. is my problem. There are two holes at the bottom of the part that holds the cable control head (not the painted outer cover). Does the control unit support go behind or on top of the center console metal cover and do screws go through these holes. I realize that two screws go through the outer painter panel into the control head support but what about the holes at the bottom?

Almost there.
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Almost Done!

The temperature control panel goes behind the center console panel.

Which other two holes are you referring to?

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

Remove the 2 pull knobs and 2 screws holding the cover plate with the chrome trim that attaches to the left and right under dash trim. Mine has a "support" bracket that the cable control head is attached to. The support bracket goes behind or in front of the center console cover? There are 2 holes at the bottom of this support bracket that line up with 2 holes at the leading edge of the center console cover. That is my problem of the moment.

Comment

• Alexander
        Webmaster
        • Oct 30 2002

OK, I think I understand. Those two holes on the piece surrounding the temperature control head go under the long center piece of the console. Two screws go over that. The forward center piece of the console then hides these screw holes and then a screw is inserted to the left and right of the temperature control head.

I have a diagram if you still need help.

Alexander
        1959 Hardtop
        1960 Golde Top
        Alexander
        1959 Hard Top
        1960 Golde Top
        sigpic

Comment

• Alexander
          Webmaster
          • Oct 30 2002

Alexander
          1959 Hardtop
          1960 Golde Top
          Alexander
          1959 Hard Top
          1960 Golde Top
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks again as always. Thiw will save me hours of trial and error trying to make the parts fit together properly.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎