X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome, mbonnel !!

Welcome to Squarebirds, Michael! Michael hales from California and owns a 1959 2 door white solid. We always enjoy seeing pictures of our new members Tbird. If you have any you want to share with us you can send Cathie ~ Coral an email or Private Message (PM) and she can tell you how to do it. We have the greatest Tbird Techies from around the world on here. So if you need any help just post away in the Squarebirds Forum. They will be glad to help. Should you have any problems navigating our Forum, please contact me. Enjoy The Journey!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • mbonnel
    • Oct 12 2010

About my ' 59

I own a 1959 white tbird with 2 tone blue interior.Just a little history on my baby.My grandpa and grandma bought this new,and I remember riding in it when I was 4 years old.I would always stand up in the back between the 2 front seats.Anyway they both passed on and left it to me in 1978...I always waxed and cleaned it for them as a teenager.Through the years I married,raised kids,etc. but always moved the bird where ever I lived.Some times able to keep it garaged,sometimes not.My dreams have always been wanting to completely restore,but as I gain in years and age,these dreams seem to diminish.I am now retired and struggling with the thought of selling her.This is why I joined this forum.Nothing has been done to this car but the weather.Everything is stock and original.Please help me decide to either keep it or sell it.I am very well versed in mechanics and am not ignorant when it comes to Tbirds.I have read and studied for many years one day hoping to restore my grandparents tbird.Oh by the way it has not been started for at least 15 years.It does not run.It could,but the tires are low and I drained some of the fluids.The interior has been sun damaged.What should I do? Mike

Comment

• tbird430
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 18 2007

How "young" are you Mike?

How far did you want to restore this T-Bird. Just a nice driver or a concours show stopper?

-Jon in TX.
      sigpic
      The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• mbonnel
        • Oct 12 2010

My age

Hi, I am 55

Comment

• mbonnel
          • Oct 12 2010

show stopper

My dream is to restore to a show stopper.I know the amount of money put in will never get back in any sale.

Comment

• mbonnel
            • Oct 12 2010

Dreaming not reality

Anyway I am leaning more toward selling as is......unless I hit the lottery.

Comment

Hey Michael,
              Welcome to Squarebirds! You have come to the right place for all kinds of great information, just ask! Input is always a must, so feel free to jump right in on any post! As Ray mentioned we love to see pictures of our members Thunderbirds!
              Once again welcome!
              Richard D. Hord

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Micael also welcome to our truly international site where you will find some of the most knowledgeable birders around. Ask any questionanswer where you canand participate oftenGreat to see another 59 survivor especially, one that has been in the family so long.
                Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                Thunderbird Registry
                58HT #33317
                60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍