No announcement yet.

1959-1960 Thunderbird Convertible Parts Car

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

1959-1960 Thunderbird Convertible Parts Car

Hi I am looking for a #4 or #5 conditon main things MUST be there, the whole top frame, A\C system. Must be low cost. I am doing a hardtop custom conversion of my 1959 Hardtop. I am in Tampa,Fl area. Or will consider just getting the parts I need from the same person or source. Howerever again all the parts must be there. I am NOT making the top power I want it manual. Open the trunk back, foldin' the top, close trunk. The A\C need not be factory, although I would prefer that but whatever the system it MUST fit my 352 CI V\8 Automatic. Here's My Email ChryslerNut84@wmconnect.com Thanks

RE: 1959-1960 Thunderbird Convertible Parts Car

I have all/every convertible top parts you will need. Not cheap and very heavy.

Comment

• Alexander
      Webmaster
      • Oct 30 2002

Convertibles are not common, convertibles with A/C are even less common. I sold some rusted convertible parts on eBay a few years ago and was surprised how much it was bid up to. I thought I would get $15, instead I got $160.

None of these parts are cheap anymore unfortunately.

Alexander
      1959 Hardtop
      1960 Golde Top
      Alexander
      1959 Hard Top
      1960 Golde Top
      sigpic

Comment

No thanks I want ALL the parts A\C ETC at the same time. I will find them elsewhere & NOT from YOU. I have been warned about you. You are not into this for a hobby your in it for the money. I heard your destroyed 5 cars to make yours, well I am not made of MONEY. Call Craig Jackson your on his level. Please do not contact me again.

Hi guys this guy must be the parts packrat. Let the other Florida Club members know. forward this E-Mail to them "Message buy NOTHING from this guy & sell him NOTHING"

Alexander this part is for you. Our club members thought this site was for the love & HOBBY of the Squarebirds instead its turned into a forum for the same kind of bloodsuckers all the other T-Birds are. We are a group of 36, not huge but we love these cars. Now I think this site has harmed us more than helped. So I ask just like the others please delete any postings by me & my user name from your site. Some of us have been asked if we are part of this constant raise in part & car prices & we are NOT part of it at all. And this guy kills FIVE cars not good x(

Comment

Hello,
          I'm not sure where you are coming from on this. I have not ever sold ANY items and I myself have been scammed out of money/parts for my car so I understand exactly what you are talking about. In order for me to be in this for the "money" I would have to be committed selling parts, I have no room to store parts and I have NOT sold ONE item.

Yes, It may have taken 4 parts cars to put one together. But before you begin/continue slandering a persons name you may want to travel to the Mid-West and see the condition of most 40 year old cars. You are also right that I am not in this for a "hobbie" I am in this to assemble one solid car as a high school project car. Besides, this is still America and if a person chooses to use 10 cars to put one together he/she is entitled. Are you the "Thunderbird God" who watches over all abused and battered t-bird's?

I still have 2 COMPLETE (FROM THE 4 THAT I PURCHASED) parts cars and an assortment of parts that I what to get rid of. I have listed the cars in a local paper and have every intention of selling off ALL of the extra parts at the going rate.
          If you chose to continue to forward this message feel free. However, you should understand ALL of the details and know all the facts before you spread the false accusation. The person you should all be cautious of is the guy who wrote this.

Thank you

Who is Craig Jackson and can I have some contact info?

Comment

• Alexander
            Webmaster
            • Oct 30 2002

I am not sure why you are angry. I run this site for the love of the hobby. I have not made any money from this site. I spend countless hours maintaining and updating this website. I offer all my advice free of charge. All the money that members donate to this site goes towards paying the server charge. I have paid out of my own pocket the cost of the message board program. This site has not hurt the hobby.

It is not my fault nor a fault of this site that the parts for these cars are getting expensive. The cars are nearly fifty-years-old and their numbers have dwindled while their popularity has risen. The price of good example has gone up. This good for the hobby. Few people are going to spend long hours and about 20 - 30 thousand dollars for a car that in the end is worth $2000. For a car that is worth more people will spend money for reproduction parts. That is why there are more reproduction parts for Squarebirds than ever. If the price of these cars continues to rise, less will wind up in the crusher, as what was considered a parts car a few years ago will be considered a worthwhile restoration.

Corvettes are expensive. You can buy nearly any part for it, and you will rarely find one in the junkyard.

You cannot say someone is evil for using a parts car. If you have ever bought a used part, that part came from a parts car. I am pained to see a Squarebird as a parts car, but it is a necessary part of the hobby.

Alexander
            1959 Hardtop
            1960 Golde Top
            Alexander
            1959 Hard Top
            1960 Golde Top
            sigpic

Comment

• tarps3
              Super-Experienced
              • Jul 21 2003

Alexander,

Let me say in the simplest terms possible that I would not have been able to work on my car or even keep it drivable without you and the other members of this site. I would have sold it or simply parked it in a barn somewhere...

This site is quite simply INVALUABLE to anyone seeking information on squarebirds! PERIOD!

I'm not real sure what the issues are with the above posts and I don't why they have been aired in such a public forum. But I come to this board not only for the technical information but also for the fellowship. It makes one feel better about their problems knowing that others have faced the same thing and yet persevered.

I would have not been able to function in this hobby without this website.

my sincerest thanks goes to you Alexander for making this whole thing possible. I truly appreciate your efforts.

Casey

Comment

I honestly believe that the above party may have me confused with someone else. I have used the knowledge of this site and it has made the success of my program much more rewarding. I have always "thanked" the parties that have supplied me with info and I have offered info when I could. I have made several attempts to sell parts I don't need but I have not sold anything yet. I would like to begin selling parts now that my car is finished and would certainly like to sell it to people like you.

Again, this message has taken me for a loop and I don't know where he gets his info.
                Someone please level with me. What is going on?

Comment

I am not sure why you are angry. I run this site for the
                  love of the hobby. I have not made any money from this site.
                  I spend countless hours maintaining and updating this
                  website. I offer all my advice free of charge. All the money
                  that members donate to this site goes towards paying the
                  the message board program. This site has not hurt the hobby.

Alexander I NEVER meant to imply that YOU or the site is to blame. If you read his reply he himself says Quote "You are also right that I am not in this for a "hobbie" & I may not be as he calls me again I Quote "Are you the "Thunderbird God" who watches over all abused and battered t-bird's?" no I am not but America or not, FIVE cars? Alexander I just meant that he is not a hobbiest well I bet 98% were when you started this site. Also you said it yourself, you can buy most of all the parts he needed NEW & CORRECT he seems to have had a big wallet. To him this was nothing more than a School project with the money to buy the 1st car then 5 MORE. My question is instead of the 5 cars he could have gotten many of the parts he needed that way. That is what I meant I am just an average guy without a School backing me & yes I live in Florida where most people make $9.50 an hour IF they are lucky. And there are NO Squarebird parts cars anywhere near me. But this much is true I can not afford my T-bird anymore I knew that this was going to happen again & it did. The same way the common everyday working stiff got priced out of the Babybirds I guess the Squarebird will be next. I will sell it & buy a Rambler & MAYBE they won't price me out of that one. I am sorry to only one person & that is Alexander. But I do still please ask you to delete all my posts & remove my username from the site.

Comment

This after school program that receives ZERO tax dollars! I get NO funding for the car from the school. I teach at a "college prep" school that places standardized test and college before any programs such as mine. EVERYTHING has come out of my pocket. Try checking out what the average teacher salary is in Michigan. I wish I had deep pockets. I have worked 2 addition jobs during the summer months and on the weekends to put this together.
                    In addition to this, only ONE car had to be shredded. It virtually broke in half when I attempted to raise it on the lift. All the parts were salvaged. (Pictures are available). I would also like to note that when you are working with kids, they don't always do things right the first time. On many occasions parts had to be taken off of other cars because the kids had accidents.
                    I am insulted that you think I would tear up a treasured car. There are still 2 cars are together. At some point in this project I need parts A/C and convertible parts but I could not purchase them individually. I had to purchase the entire car. I
                    Gather your facts "God"...You're way out of line.

Have a great day

Comment

I see that the Local Thunderbird Club that told me about this is WRONG! I am deeply sorry that they gave me such bad information. I took it as they told me, as this Chapter has always been in the top 3 & they have never in 12 years given me anything in that whole time that was not the truth, until now. I can see you are a honorable man I will look into this first thing Monday morning & I will oust that Chapters chair member if they do not give me a VERY good reason for not finding out the WHOLE facts. I once again can only offer my sincere apology. I also am stepping down I am getting to old for this. I will never bother you or anyone on this site again.

Comment

Hello,
                        I am disappointed that it had to go this far but in the end hopefully you can begin to understand my point of view. I would appreciate a follow up to this situation. Please e-mail me privately with your conclusions to this matter. I would also like you to RESEND your message to all of your “club” members who read the initial message. (CC it to me) Please send me the name and number of the “club” and a list of what their responses where. I would also appreciate a letter of apology from the club for their slanderous remarks.

One gentleman at Stock60Tbird@wmconnect.com has e-mailed me with some questionable statements. Please inform him of YOUR misunderstanding. Please take me off your “do not sell…do not purchase list.”
                        Regretfully

Comment

I have a 1959 Convertible in Texas. It's in running conditon but it has no title just a bill of sale. It's got cold A\C in it, but it has the 430 CI Lincoln motor in it. I'll sell it for $2,500. but you gotta come & get it. Leave a note & let me know If your interested. Thanks

Comment

Hi Squarebird59 I liked the pics you sent, thats a really nice car. I definitely want to buy it. Since you left me no contact info please E-Mail it to me DO NOT post it here. This should be handled off forum. I think those are the rules anyway. But yes I want the car. Please let me know the rest of the details thank you. :-)

Comment

I do not know you sir. Nor have I ever E-Mailed you FIRST. You E-mailed me about this. Yes I did get an E-Mail that was FORWARDED to me from someone else. I just asked Alexander to remove my name from his site not because of ANY problems with him. He helped me more than you could ever know. I own 7 junkyards through out eastern America. I do not have time for child like games. It seems to me you created your own problem by telling the WHOLE world you destroyed 5 cars. You should have never put that on this website. I get threats & angry calls everyday about crushing or parting a single car. If you pay attention to what is going on in the world you will find hundreds of thousands of people are very vigilant about cars. There are 3 VERY popular car TV shows "American Muscle Car" My Classic Car" & "Car Crazy" all of them end the shows with these words "Don't Crush Them Restore Them" next one "Honor The Timeless Classics" "Please Spread This Passion & Be A Little More Car Crazy". That sir is why most of those that read those words you typed for the whole world to see "I used 5 Cars to finish mine" Yes I agree that they overeacted but this site is open to ANYONE even little kids. PS Craig Jackson is one of the most powerfull men in the HIGH dollar car auction industry. His auctions have had MANY cars sell for many millions of dollars. Now I am done with this subject. :-)

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎