Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raptor1962
    • Jul 11 2006

Help decode VIN

I found a late sixties T'bird and I was wondering if someone could help me figure out what engine is in it. From what I could make out on the VIN tag it says: 7Y84Z114076 . The last digit may have been an 8, it had a large scratch/gash thru it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

That is a 1967 (7) Thunderbird 4 door sedan (84) - a very collectible body style with a 390cid engine (Z). It was made in Wixom (Y). Is this car restorable?
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

And it's either the 14076 one made or the 14078 one made. And as alex said can you fix it?????????????/.......Bill

Comment

• raptor1962
        • Jul 11 2006

67 T'bird

The car I was asking about is sitting at a shop where a friend of mine works. He told me that a lady brought the car in to have some work done to it and she never came back for it. That was about a year and a half ago, maybe longer. The owner of the shop has tried repeatedly to contact the lady about coming to pick up her car, but has never heard back from her. My friend told me that if the shop owner could not get ahold of her that he was going to have the car hauled off to the junk yard/crusher. I told him that if it was a 'bird with a 428 engine with the C-6 trans that I would buy those parts from him before he gets rid of it.

From what I can see, the car is still quite restorable, but as I said, he doesn't have the title and he doesn't know how to get in touch with lady who owns it.

Comment

• Alexander
          Webmaster
          • Oct 30 2002

From a legal standpoint if a car is on your property for a couple of years without anyone claiming it, then the owner of the property has rights to it. At this point, he probably has no legal right to junk it.

It would be a shame to have this car junked. Please don't let this happen.

With the VIN number you should be able to track down the owner. In what state is this? I may know someone who can help.
          Alexander
          1959 Hard Top
          1960 Golde Top
          sigpic

Comment

• raptor1962
            • Jul 11 2006

VIN decode

I am located in North Carolina near Charlotte. I'm not sure how the laws are here concerning a situation like this. As the car doesn't have the 428 in it, I do not have any interest in it. But if someone else wants me to check into it further, I can see what I can find out about it.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎