X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sandman21_21
    • Oct 7 2014

Project Betty

Hi Everyone,

I picked this one up in the fall up here in Canada and have been slowly bringing this back for summer cruising...

Just as I closed my passenger side after a detail, one of the hash marks fell off... amazing timing. One question, what would be the best way to resecure this to the body? This is a 1958, and they seem to be pins rather than a screw connection. Cheers!
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Did the pins break off or did it just fall out. It is held in place by barrel clips. They may be worn out. Replacements clips are available.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• sandman21_21
      • Oct 7 2014

Originally posted by jopizz
      Did the pins break off or did it just fall out. It is held in place by barrel clips. They may be worn out. Replacements clips are available.

John
      Hey John, thanks for the quick response. I've attached the backside of the hash mark. The pins are still there but it seems the barrel clips have disappeared. Is this a common part (aka local parts store) or something I'll need to grab off of Bird's nest?

Cheers!

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Project Betty

Fred, one source for parts for this problem on here is Carl Heller ~ partsetal. Carl has many Squarebird parts, and probably has the clips or replacement hash marks if that is what is needed. Send him a Private Message. He probably will see this post though the next time he signs on, and should be able to suggest something, or let you know what he has on hand to fix that problem. While it is off, it gives you a chance to clean up the backside of that hash mark, and maybe polish up the front. Those clips probably rusted off, and fell inside that door panel. Betty is a pretty looking '58 from what I can see of her. If you have more pix of her, feel free to post them in the Our Rides Forum. I am always looking for red Tbirds to feature in the yearly Squarebirds Calendar I put out each year.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• sandman21_21
          • Oct 7 2014

Ray,

Thanks for the quick response, I'll send a PM his way!

I'll post a few more photos up when I get a chance.

Comment

• jopizz
            Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

I've never found them locally. You will probably have to get them from The Birds Nest. The pins look pretty rusty so the clips probably rusted away. I would sand the rust off the pins before you reinsert it. It looks like you may have part of the clip left on the one pin.

John
            John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
            jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

Comment

• kimmc
              Experienced
              • Mar 5 2014

If the Bird Nest doesn't have these the Thunderbird Headquarters list them in their catalog on page 87; part #BHK 40 at $0.90 for two. Have fun with your project. mc

Comment

• sandman21_21
                • Oct 7 2014

Thanks! I've just placed an order with them.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎