• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juantejeda
    Experienced
    • May 7 2004

59 Thunderbird Coupe

Hello all!

Haven't been on for awhile, hope all of you are well.

I am rebuilding my Tranny on my 59 Squarebird. Does anyone have a parts house where I can get parts for the rebuild? Any help would be appreciated.

Email me at juantejeda@yahoo.com or here on Squarebirds.org

Thanks!
    TJ
    Thunderbird Registry #7960
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

You have several options depending on which trans you have. Start here:

Then compare prices with a 'rebuild kit' from most all the parts houses. Just about any local transmission shop can tell you where they get kits. Hope this helps. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Ron of Chicago
      • Feb 21 2012

trans

You can try these people. They know there stuff and are great.

Fatsco Transmission Parts - classic and antique automatic transmission parts from 1941-On.

Ron

Comment

• juantejeda
        Experienced
        • May 7 2004

On the road again!

OK....Got the tranny fixed, only $1700 : ). Guess it could have been worse, I guess....
        Anyway, running great! Took it to our local gathering of the Pismo Donut Derelicts, here in Pismo Beach, CA. Great showing. Sunny day, we had about 125 cars. For those that don't know or are not aware of the Pismo Donut Derelicts, we are a group of local, and not so local, car enthusiast. The Derelicts get together every Saturday, rain or shine, for coffee and a donut, if that's your pleasure. The gathering is at a local Strip Mall that has a Donut Shop, hence the name!
        The group is just a group with a name. No club, no membership, no dues! Just a love for cars. No specific type, age, year or model. We get together just to walk around look at all the nice cars, on-going projects and to talk cars or whatever.
        Anyway, it was a good showing, as it usually is on a nice sunny day.
        TJ

Comment

• tp tbird
          Experienced
          • Dec 17 2007

1959 tbird

Looks like you live pretty close to me in Santa Maria,I have a 59 hard top with a 352 in it and a 59 430 convertible.If you are ever this way let me know.Tom

Comment

• juantejeda
            Experienced
            • May 7 2004

59 Squarebird

Originally posted by tp tbird
            Looks like you live pretty close to me in Santa Maria,I have a 59 hard top with a 352 in it and a 59 430 convertible.If you are ever this way let me know.Tom
            I make it down there once in awhile. Try to do the local shows, but I also show a 1928 Dodge Brothers Paddy Wagon for the Sheriff's Department.
            Do you go to the Orcutt Derelicts on Sundays? I haven't gone as of yet, but maybe I'll give it a try. Do you ever bring yours to the Pismo Donut Derelicts?
            TJ

Comment

• juantejeda
              Experienced
              • May 7 2004

59 Squarebird

Originally posted by juantejeda
              I make it down there once in awhile. Try to do the local shows, but I also show a 1928 Dodge Brothers Paddy Wagon for the Sheriff's Department.
              Do you go to the Orcutt Derelicts on Sundays? I haven't gone as of yet, but maybe I'll give it a try. Do you ever bring yours to the Pismo Donut Derelicts?
              Check out my Squarebird and Paddy Wagon at this site.
              TJ

Comment

• tp tbird
                Experienced
                • Dec 17 2007

1959 Tbird

Originally posted by juantejeda
                I haven't been out except around SM and Orcutt a little,been making sure I have it running right.It seems to over heat if I have too sit at a traffic light very long and I worry about the tires that are on it for long runs ,they were the one on it when I got it.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎