X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Larry Jones
    Experienced
    • Feb 3 2009

window question

Getting ready for the cold months ahead of me and noticed something different about the back windows nothing coming up to met the fronts that our rolled up all the way as the back ones are rolled up all the way. I no the top covers the windows front and back. Is this a production failure or maybe a previous owner flaw. Theres about a half inch different for the back windows. Thanks Larry

Are you talking about the gap between the front glass and the rear quarter glass? Is the weatherstrip that goes between them missing? Does it look like the alignment is off?

Comment

Larry
      This is from my shop manual 1959 ford maybe it may help you
      Bob
      Attached Files

Comment

Rear Quarter windows ...

after many hours rehabbing components and attempting to get them properly adjusted I've come to the conclusion that the only way to get them right is re design the mechanism or attach them permanently in the position they belong. The way the arm/roller setup is designed the linkage goes over center on the runner at the window base in the full up position and will not properly align the window in relation to the door glass. Mike

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎