Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bird 60
    Super-Experienced
    • Mar 18 2009

Glad to hear that things are for the better Ray.Hopefully there won't be any more destruction, & I wish the very best for the people that were hard done by.

Chris......From OZ.

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Me & A Cat 4 Hurricane Harvey....

Latest Update on TS Harvey. It has moved back into the Gulf packing 45mph winds and will probably sit there for a day or two. It has moved a bit eastward on the coastline and is expected to go back inland as a Tropical Storm somewhere EAST of Houston. If it does, that should help that city because it will be to the WEST of the eye. Unfortunately, that means that more of Louisiana and New Orleans in particular is gonna get a lot more rain dumped on it. Then by around Thursday, it is predicted to head off up Louisiana, towards Memphis and mess with that part of the country. But it will have lost its source of water and should eventually fade out... Here is the current radar.

https://weather.com/weather/radar/in...icspeed&zoom=9

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Latest update: Reportedly, a 15th person has lost their life as a result of this storm, when a policeman was reported to have drowned in his patrol car. One levee has been reported having been breached southwest of Houston, and people in that area have been told to leave. Two reservoirs in Houston have overflowed and will further flood Houston. One of them that I know of is the one they were letting water out of to try and prevent that from happening, which caused further flooding. Now there will be even more. It is reported that Houston as received 49.2" of rain to break an old record. Houston normally gets that kind of rain in a YEAR! Pres. Trump and First Lady Melania have landed in Corpus Christi and have met with the Governor of Texas and is meeting with others to see what further needs to be done to help Texas and Louisina. He brought key members of his administration with him to assist in surveying the damage. It is being reported that this storm will start moving inland in the next day or so, EAST of Houston and will make landfall in Louisiana, which is already getting clobbered by heavy rains and wind, as is New Orleans...

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Donating To Hurricane Harvey Disaster Relief

The following information has been suggested if members of Squarebirds.org want to do whatever they can to assist in the Disaster Recovery from the damage done by Hurricane Harvey. This Hurricane is being labeled as the most damaging one of the last 500 years, and some say the last 1,000 years because of the extreme flood damage primarily. It is being reported that the Houston area has received 52.3" of rainfall, over just a few days which exceeds their yearly annual totals.

It has been suggested that you might want to donate, through your church, or through organizations that are providing immediate funding, supplies and manpower to the victims of the Hurricane. One organization that comes to mind is Rev. Franklin Graham's "Samaritans Purse" relief organization. They have been providing great worldwide relief for quite a few years. They have been in Houston working as quickly as they could get there, with two units in that area now and several more units to follow.

Your Pastor can provide you with information regarding other Hurricane Harvey relief units that they are supporting or put you in contact with others.

Another good organization to consider is the Salvation Army.

It is not the intent of Squarebirds.org to recommend one organization over another. Please perform your own research as to which organizations are providing active relief.

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Latest Update: TS Harvey is moving back onto the Texas coastline and will probably go in over night in the Galveston area, east of Houston, moving northeast. It is being predicted that the rain will end in Houston tonight and if you look at the projected radar image that seems to be so. Winds are at 50mph now as it will head towards the Texas/Louisiana line, then up through Louisiana and up towards Memphis. It looks like Houston is finally going to be free of the rainfall from this Hurricane, but certainly not from all the water that has piled up because of it. It may be days before the streets are clear of water, or even longer... This is going to be a very long and probably the most costly hurricane recovery in our history.

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

This mornings update: TS Harvey has gone ashore in the area of the Texas/Louisiana border. Radar shows that Houston is entirely clear of the storm bands, and the rain should be gone. The storm is projected to continue dumping rain on Louisiana and other States to the east of it, as it moves up towards Memphis...

Comment

• YellowRose
                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Tonights Update: Harvey has been downgraded from a Tropical Storm to a Tropical Depression as it starts to move northeast away from the Texas/Louisiana coast. Eventually, it will clear Louisiana and move up into Tennessee. Storm bands continue to pummel Louisiana, the Florida Panhandle, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia and the Carolinas. There have been 27 deaths reported now, including 6 in one family when their van was washed away. One person managed to escape from it. There are reported to be 17 other deaths that are being investigated as possibly storm related. People in the flood areas are being rescued by the thousands, from the air by helicopters, the "Texas & Louisiana Navy" of fishing, and air boats, and neighbors just wading through the water and rescuing their neighbors and getting them to shelters. This storm will probably go down as the greatest storm damage in history, especially because of the severe flooding. I saw an estimate of $160 BILLION in the future to repair the damage.. No one will know until much further down the road. The total rainfall either has exceeded that which Hawaii received some years ago, or is very close to it. I have seen reports of 52 inches officially of rain..

I have not mentioned this before, but some of our Forum members have friends and family living in the San Antonio, Houston, and Louisiana area... Some of them have let me know how their friends and family have faired.... Of course, we also have a good number of our fellow Tbird owners who also live in the area of this storm. We can only hope that they, their family, homes and Tbirds have survived... When you can, those of you who are Tbird owners and members of this Forum, please let me know how you are fairing...
                Last edited by YellowRose; August 31, 2017, 11:02 AM. Reason: Additional Comments...

Comment

• YellowRose
                  Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Today Update on TS Harvey, now downgraded to a Low system and moving out of the northeastern corner of Louisiana. Search, rescue and recovery operations continue on in the Houston, East Texas, Louisiana area as flood waters start to go down. This will probably be the last report on Hurricane Harvey by me.

However, Tropical Storm Irma is making it's way across the Atlantic and is not really indicating which direction it might go in. Some models say it will hit the Leeward Islands. Others say Florida or the Carolina's. It is forecasted to be the next Stage 4 Hurricane to enter our area...

Here is a picture of what IH-10 looked like at the height of the flooding. This picture was said to be taken between Houston and Beaumont. No! That is NOT the Gulf you are looking at! That was the freeway! As many of you know, that is the main interstate that links the West Coast to the East Coast in Florida, and runs right through the heart of San Antonio. I have driven that interstate in both directions to both coasts and I have NEVER, EVER seen it look like that, even after driving it shortly after a Hurricane hit in past years. Here is that picture...

Joe Johnston just sent me a pic that his daughter sent him showing the water rising. He does not know where this is, but it is a good example of how quickly conditions can change.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by YellowRose; August 31, 2017, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• YellowRose
                    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Longggg Lines To Gas Up Your Car!!!

Due to the shutdown of most of the refineries here in Texas, the offshore oil well production, and reduced flow through the major pipelines that supply the eastern half of the country, there are major lines of cars lined up to gas up. I just got back from a food run and every gas station in my neighborhood, probably all across San Antonio, and I know in the DFW area, and probably much of Texas and other States have drivers sitting in long lines to top off their tanks before it is all gone. The prediction is that we may be short on gas by Labor Day... Luckily, I knew about this and was able to top off my tank early this morning before the news got out about this... Hopefully, the 4 refineries in Corpus Christi will be back up and running by this weekend, as they think they might... But the major ones over in the East Texas area are all shut down presently. Yesterday, gas here was at $2.19gal, and has been that way for awhile. Now I have seen it as high as $2.29, and at one station, $2.45gal!
                    Last edited by YellowRose; August 31, 2017, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Joe Johnston
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Dec 23 2008

Here in FL regular is up 20¢ - 30¢ to $2.35 $2.49. HOWEVER our ethanol free or E0 has not changed and still was $2.78 this afternoon. Driven by availability, demand, or politics??? May need to get the Thunderbirds filled up too!

Comment

• Penelope
                        Super-Experienced
                        • Mar 4 2008

The price of gas, wow I wish...... ours is the equivalent of $4.08USD per US gallon. Makes the old sunday drive an expensive bit of fun but we look pn the bright side, it is our choice to drive V8's and not hybrids.

Also great to hear you are OK Ray, although that was never in doubt for a service vet!
                        sigpicBill
                        Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                          Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Bill we are in litres so our equivalent would be around the same with he conversion to USD. Our prices at the pumps just jumped .13 cents due to supply and also our long Labour Day weekend.

ours is the equivalent of $4.08USD per US gallon.
                          Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                          Thunderbird Registry
                          58HT #33317
                          60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• scumdog
                            Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Wow!

It's NZ$7:60 a US gallon here - and that is for Regular!
                            (Equal to US$5.50 a US gallon.)

Hence why MPG is pretty important over here - (14miles per US gallon for our '66 Town Landau)

But it takes a Kiwi just as much work to earn a $ as it does a US guy.
                            A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• scumdog
                              Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Originally posted by YellowRose
                              Today Update on TS Harvey, now downgraded to a Low system and moving out of the northeastern corner of Louisiana. Search, rescue and recovery operations continue on in the Houston, East Texas, Louisiana area as flood waters start to go down. This will probably be the last report on Hurricane Harvey by me.

However, Tropical Storm Irma is making it's way across the Atlantic and is not really indicating which direction it might go in. Some models say it will hit the Leeward Islands. Others say Florida or the Carolina's. It is forecasted to be the next Stage 4 Hurricane to enter our area...

Here is a picture of what IH-10 looked like at the height of the flooding. This picture was said to be taken between Houston and Beaumont. No! That is NOT the Gulf you are looking at! That was the freeway! As many of you know, that is the main interstate that links the West Coast to the East Coast in Florida, and runs right through the heart of San Antonio. I have driven that interstate in both directions to both coasts and I have NEVER, EVER seen it look like that, even after driving it shortly after a Hurricane hit in past years. Here is that picture...

Joe Johnston just sent me a pic that his daughter sent him showing the water rising. He does not know where this is, but it is a good example of how quickly conditions can change.
                              Wow, that's pretty incredible!
                              I feel for all those people and business's that have been flooded out.
                              It's going to be a long process to sort out that mess...
                              A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• YellowRose
                                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

I thought I would give you another update on the results of Hurricane Harvey. Tonight they were reporting that there are 70 deaths related to this hurricane. Parts of Houston are still feet deep in water, with people not able to get into their homes to survey the damage. Slowly the recovery is beginning, and refineries are coming back on line. You would not know it in San Antonio, as many, many gas stations are without gas still. I was able to find gas at my local station, and top off my tank. Though all the higher grades of gas were gone. Regular is all that was left, which is what I use. So I took advantage of the opportunity...

I have not heard anything from our members in the Houston or Louisiana area regarding their status of their homes or their Tbirds. There is a large VTCI club in the Houston and Louisiana area, and a good number of our Forum members are in that area. I can only hope that none of them lost their homes or their Tbirds... Please let us know, as you can, how you are.

Now we are being faced with the possibility of the same thing happening to the many members we have in Florida and that area. Pray that Irma takes a swing to the northeast, and moves EAST of Florida and out into the Atlantic. Otherwise, this nation might be faced with having to recover from the largest Hurricane ever recorded, they are reporting.. With another one, coming in behind that!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎