X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Shed Day In Perth!

I just received an email from Penelope telling me about the great get together and BBQ they had this last weekend. I will let him tell you more about it if he wants to. Some great mates and their mates were there with their classic cars. One of them was Paul, the founder of Oceanside Thunderbirds (www.tbirds.com.au) who rolled up in his 57 Baby Bird. You will enjoy this terrific Perth Tbird website! There are a couple of video clips on it, some good pix and a lot of things to look at in the side bar. Thanks for providing the link to it so I can share it with your fellow Tbirders up north!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • Penelope
    Super-Experienced
    • Mar 4 2008

Thanks Ray, yes that website will be updated shortly with some photo's etc from the shed day we had last weekend. I will post again as soon as it is done and tell you all more about it then.
    sigpicBill
    Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Shed Day In Perth!

Thanks, Bill! I will look forward to seeing the pix of "Shed Day"! For those who do not know what that is, Bill has put on a get together of friends who are fellow Tbird or Classic car owners in his area. They gather at his "shed", throw a few shrimp on the barbie, pop a few cold ones, tell a lot of lies about their classic cars, show them off, and in general, solve the problems of the world while they are having a great time doing it. It is the Down Under version of a good ole Southern get together of hot rod Rednecks that we have here in Texas and across the southern U.S. (and other parts of the country also, not to leave them out!).

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Penelope
        Super-Experienced
        • Mar 4 2008

As Ray mentioned last weekend my son and I hosted a get together down at our shed/workshop, which is where our ever growing band of cars have been banished to by the home economics engineer / managing director.

We invited a few T-Bird owners on very short notice and put on an impromptu BBQ. Fellow Squarebirds member Ian Nelson rolled up in his recently arrived in OZ '58 on it's shakedown cruise. And shakedown it was, as they ran out of brakes on the freeway momentarily. It was Ian and his lovely wife Helen doing the shaking!
        Their friends Bruce and his wife have also purchased a '58 which is somewhere between California & Perth as we speak but they brought their '58 Fairlane for a cruise. The unofficial president of the unofficial T-Bird Club here in Perth, Paul from Oceanside Thunderbirds brought his fabulous Baby bird down as well. At the time, I only had my '59 there so there was a nice little nest of T-Birds there.

As you can imagine after spending time admiring all that metal, we settled into solving the world problems and generally telling fibs.

We are just about to install a 4 post hoist at the shed which should assist greatly and save my back from lying on cold concrete. Once that is all done I will post some pics of the Birds new home (if I can fit my cars in along my son's!!)

Paul runs the T-Bird site for Oceanside Thunderbirds and here is the link to the shed day

This website is for sale! tbirds.com.au is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, tbirds.com.au has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Another day will be planned soon with many more invitees and a lot more notice!
        sigpicBill
        Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎