Originally Posted by jopizz
Take the wire off the sender and ground it to the block and turn the key on. If it lights then the problem is with the sender or the oil pressure itself. If it doesn't light then you will have to trace the wire back to the socket. Does your generator light work? They both get power from the same wire going to the ignition switch.
Ha, I like that test, simple. Gen light works fine. I didn't Teflon tape it. I tried 2 senders so I doubt it's that, but I'll ground it and then like trace the wiring back. I have everything disconnected and then reran the wiring to clean up the dogs breakfast but made sure everything was marked. I'm thinking during the process the wire got loose someplace or snapped since they're OLD and brittle.