X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1960Bird
    Experienced
    • Dec 4 2002

Wheel Cylinder Nuts & Washers Needed

I need to replace the nuts and the tabbed washers that hold on the front wheel brake cylinders. I believe that the nut is a 1-3/16 inch, it is only about 1/4 inch thick. The washers have some tabs on them that bend over to lock the wheel brake cylinder nuts in place. Does anyone know where to buy them? I have looked at several suppliers, but can not find them.
    390, Mild Cam, Headers, 3.70 rear, 2-1/2" Exhaust, Edelbrok Performer RPM Intake, Holley Street Avenger 670 Carburetor, One Wire Alt, Petronix Ignition. She's All Go and No Show.
  • 6TB1RD
    Experienced
    • Apr 9 2006

Try your local napa

You should be able to find the bolts at your local NAPA Auto supply. Take your Old bolt with you they will match it for you. Remember to tell them it's for your brakes.

As for the washer (lock) a regular split lock washer will work for you. also at NAPA.
    George (Papa of 9)
    1960 H/T :rolleyes:
    Home Page http://squarebirds.org/users/6tb1rd/
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=31811
    sigpic

Comment

• bcomo
      Super-Experienced
      • Sep 23 2005

Spindle Lock Nut --

NAPA sells it as a kit (Nut,Washer, Locking Ring, and Cotter Pin) for $5.69. I looked it up for a 60 Bird. (I didn't know that -- going to get a spare set myself)

Bart
      1960 Hard Top/430
      Thunderbird Registry Number 1231

Comment

• bcomo
        Super-Experienced
        • Sep 23 2005

Hi George:

Came up with the same thing -- it's gotta be right.
        Bart
        1960 Hard Top/430
        Thunderbird Registry Number 1231

Comment

• 1960Bird
          Experienced
          • Dec 4 2002

Not the right nut...

The Napa site is showing a front axle nut and lock etc...what I need holds the front wheel brake cylinder on.
          Thanks.
          390, Mild Cam, Headers, 3.70 rear, 2-1/2" Exhaust, Edelbrok Performer RPM Intake, Holley Street Avenger 670 Carburetor, One Wire Alt, Petronix Ignition. She's All Go and No Show.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎