X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • torpedo
    Apprentice
    • Jun 4 2011

Steering Column Seal

Need some direction as to how to install this seal. I'm assuming the steering wheel has to be removed from my 64 T'bird. Is this a difficult removal? If someone could provide the steps I would greatly appreciate it, as I have tried all sorts of manuals on this with negative results. Thank You
  • OUR5T8BIRD
    Experienced
    • Mar 1 2017

Originally posted by torpedo
    Need some direction as to how to install this seal. I'm assuming the steering wheel has to be removed from my 64 T'bird. Is this a difficult removal? If someone could provide the steps I would greatly appreciate it, as I have tried all sorts of manuals on this with negative results. Thank You
    Are you referring to the selector tube bushing at the bottom of the column above the rag joint ?

Comment

• jopizz
      Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Are you talking about the lower steering column seal (part 3513 on the diagram)? It appears that the seal is attached to the firewall and then the steering column is inserted through it. I don't see any easy way to install it without removing the column.

John
      Attached Files
      John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
      jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• torpedo
        Apprentice
        • Jun 4 2011

Steering column seal

Originally posted by jopizz
        Are you talking about the lower steering column seal (part 3513 on the diagram)? It appears that the seal is attached to the firewall and then the steering column is inserted through it. I don't see any easy way to install it without removing the column.

John
        Yes, John that's the part. I have to look at this further on how to tackle this. Apparently its severely torn. Thanks for the reply. I did see this in the manual but it doesn't give instructions.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎