Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nawlins60_Bird
    • Aug 17 2009

A bit of my Tbird's history

Yesterday, while on the road, I decided that I should call the last titled owners of my car. After all, the title was issued in Florida in 1978 and finally signed over to someone else in 2004, so I figured they would have some history. Turns out that the gentleman that owned the car was in the Army and took the car with he and his wife while stationed in Germany. Mr. Taylor told me about how much he and his wife loved the car and drove it all throughout Germany and France during his tour. He also told me that his wife actually purchased the car from her step-father in the late 60's/early 70's, and that the step-father bought the car used, not even 2 miles from my father's current house in Baton Rouge, La.

It was very touching for me to hear the excitement in the voice of a man in his 80's when I told him that the car was all complete and original when I got her, and of my plans to bring her back to her former glory. Even better was that he had his assistant email some photos that he still had from 1974 (I was 1!!!). I plan to keep Mr. Taylor informed of my progress, just as he asked me to, right after he thanked me for caring for HIS car as much as he did.
    sigpic
    Daniel Reed
    TBird Registry #34037
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hey Daniel! That is a great story! I am sure he was glad to hear from you, and that his old Tbird was still going strong and still original. I am also sure you will enjoy the pictures he sends you and staying in touch with him. Nice story!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Anders
      Super-Experienced
      • Jan 19 2008

GREAT story!
      I hope you like to chare the pictures with us as well
      sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• tbird430
        Super-Experienced
        • Jun 18 2007

No kidding!! I love these types of stories Daniel, good job.

-Jon in TX.
        sigpic
        The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Nawlins60_Bird
          • Aug 17 2009

Here are the pictures I was sent...notice the plate in the pic is 74-75
          Attached Files
          sigpic
          Daniel Reed
          TBird Registry #34037

Comment

• tbird430
            Super-Experienced
            • Jun 18 2007

That is TOO COOL!!!

Thanks for sharing these pics with us.

-Jon in TX.
            sigpic
            The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Thanks for sharing the pix, Daniel! What color is or was the car when he owned it? I gather it is the same now as it was back then. Like others, I love these kinds of stories!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
              The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
              Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
              Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
              https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Nawlins60_Bird
                • Aug 17 2009

The car is the same color today as it was in those pictures. He said that he had the car painted a "Gold Buff" and that it was originally white...which goes against the data plate and ROT sheet color code of H...Beechwood Brown. Physical evidence is against that as well, because when I removed the buckets and rear seats, some very nice original paint (Beechwood Brown) was revealed. I showed my wife the pictures of Goldbird from the recent Dearborn trip, and since she likes that color so much...I will gladly be going back to original.
                sigpic
                Daniel Reed
                TBird Registry #34037

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎