X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Golde Top Parts List & Availabilty

I am going to re-post this post regarding availability of Golde Top parts. I am also going to make this a "sticky" post so it stays at the top of this Forum and can easily be found by those looking for Golde Top Parts. JohnG, you might want to grab this and put it in the TRL if it is not already there. Please note the location of the company and what this post says..

Thanks to Kev, I am able to share this information with you regarding parts for the Golde Top Sun Roof. Although this is a VW website, it is my understanding that the Golde Top parts for it will also fit the Golde Tops for our Tbirds. Kev can correct me if I am wrong. The cables needed for that Alfa Romeo I posted about should also work with it. The Golde Top was pretty much interchangeable between car makes, so I understand. This website is in England, so you will have to communicate with them regarding payment in USD.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • 430bird60
    Experienced
    • Dec 30 2008

sunroof parts

Some time ago I saw somewhere that someone was reproducing the pot metal cable connector for the sunroof. Does anyone know who the person is and how to make contact with him? Thanks for any help.

Ken

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Ken,

This is the company that carries a lot of the Golde Top parts here in the US. Call them, tell them what you need, and see if they have it. If they do, please post here for others to know.

http://www.aslauto.com/

It might have been John Draxler of Tbird Ranch that you were thinking of that has that part. You might try him also.

As a final chance, there is the VW company in England that stocks a lot of parts I am told, and that they fit our Golde Tops too. Their website is:

Let us know if any of these places are able to fill your need, please.

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• 430bird60
        Experienced
        • Dec 30 2008

sunroof parts

I see there is a pair of brass cable connectors on ebay for $105.00. Well I thought I would try to make them and they turned out really nice. I used a piece of flat steel stock, cut a piece with a hacksaw,drilled a small hole just big enough for a very small file and went to work. Once I had the hole fit to the shaft which turns the connector I the started grinding and shaping the piece. That done, I drilled the hole for the pin I made out of round steel stock. As I mentioned above, they really turned out nice and are much stronger than pot metal or brass. Also, if I can do it anyone can.
        Ken

Comment

• tim
          • Jul 16 2010

Golde Handle

Does anyone know where I can purchase a Golde Handle for my sunroof ? Thank you Tim

Comment

• tim
            • Jul 16 2010

Sunroof track needed

I have a sunroof now. I need the corner track parts . Both the left and right corner. I also need the handle still. Thank you everyone for the help.
            Thank you
            Tim

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Tim,

Slide down this thread and you will find some companies who might be able to help you. Also check the Technical Resource library here on the Forum, above this sub-forum, and on the Home page Technical tab. You might also send Rockin' Kev, in England, a Private Message (PM). If anyone knows where to find these parts, if you can still get them, he will.

Comment

• bbktexas
                • Feb 10 2008

Sunroof Guide Brackets - Update - 12-8-21BMW2002Sunroof-Guide-SlideBrackets-54-12-1-815-185.jpg

I have recently found and installed a new set (4) of guide brackets on my sunroof. Here is the information on where I found them.

A search of the BMW parts sites online provided a part number (54-12-1-815-185) and I ordered them from “bmwpartscenter.net”. http://www.bmwpartscenter.net/partlo...?siteid=215996 The part number shown on the part is “100 556 612”.

NOTE: That BMW parts website no longer lists that part as being available for purchase... So it appears that we have lost that access to getting that part now, unless we can find it at some BMW dealership who might have them in stock still.

The parts were $7.48 each. There was $4.00 extra shipping since these parts had to come from Germany. The standard shipping and handling was $11.95. The total for all four parts was $45.87. Not too bad for having a sliding sunroof again.

The parts ordered are a little smaller than the original but they did the job. I extended the slot on the back end of the parts to get a little more adjustment. This was the only adjustment I made and it may not have been required since the gaskets keep the panel centered.

I hope this helps other sunroof owners.

Here is a copy of the New Guide/Slide Brackets For 1960 Sunroofs, that Brad wrote about 10 years ago and posted here for us. After all these years, VTCI finally printed it in the November/December 2021 Scoop. It is published with the permission of the VTCI and Brad Kershaw ~ bbktexas who wrote it... You might be able to find them used on eBay, or other sources. The OEM Ford Part # is C0SB-63502C10-B, which has long been obsolete, but you might be able to find a set on the NOS/Used Parts websites who search by Ford Part #. Many of them are connected nationally, if if anyone has one in stock, they should show up. The way of finding some used ones is to search any scrapyard and see if you can find a 1960 Gold Top with the sunroof still in tack... It would be great if we could find a set that someone could machine and make a new set from... Push the Ctrl button & the + key to zoom in on the pix and make them easier to read. You should also be able to print them out. Thanks Brad!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by YellowRose; December 9, 2021, 01:32 AM.
                Brad
                1960 Hdtp; 430 Option
                1987 Turbo Coupe

Comment

• YellowRose
                  Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Brad, thank you very much for this information. I am sure other Golde Top owners will be thrilled to have this information. I will add the information you provided to the Technical Resource Library Golde Top section so it will be easily found. I went to their site, copy/pasted in the first part number you gave and up it came!
                  Last edited by YellowRose; December 8, 2011, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• YellowRose
                    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

I am in contact with Roy Lock again, who has a lot of information regarding Golde Tops. He said last night that the cables are available again. Someone is making them again and he sent me the contact information. This is through a Porche source, but it is my understanding that these cables fit any Golde Top. NLA Parts is marketing them. You can also search their website for other Golde Top parts they might have. Here is the link.

http://www.nlaparts.com/store/advanc...1420a&x=14&y=1

Some time back I posted a link to a VW company in England that stocks a lot of parts that also fit our Golde Tops. That link no longer works, but their main link does. You can search their website to see what they might have or email them. Here is the link.

Shawn Smith is looking for parts for his Mercedes 250C with the Golde Top. He told me that VW Heritage told him that they could not help him regarding parts for his car. However, I have been told before that parts that fit our '60 Golde Top Tbirds sliding top also fit other brands and vice versa...
                    Last edited by YellowRose; November 6, 2019, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• JWIW465
                      • Feb 17 2018

This company has the finger cups.

Comment

• JWIW465
                        • Feb 17 2018

Magic Glides

I put a pair on mine today. I can't say if they are working OK or not since the PO or some other "mechanic" had sealed the roof with silicone. Grrrr. Cot out the silicone and the old seal but the panel wouldn't go all the way back. Anyway I got it apart without damaging anything. Cleaned up everything I could. Adjusted what I could. It has been apart before. has had the brass lift levers installed. one of them has some extra play in it where it goes onto the lift rod. But it did have enough adjustment to pull the lift rod completely plumb. Still sits a little low on the back passenger side. Need to know if the ramps are adjustable before I try it and break some onobtainable part. So, now with everything adjusted and tightened up, the panel seems to glide OK until about 1/2 to 3/4 open. The glides I used are slightly thicker than the original felt pads by maybe 1/32 but since it was already dragging I don't think that's the issue Guess I'll be removing the headliner tomorrow to investigate.

Comment

• jopizz
                          Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

I would follow the instructions in the TRL for adjusting the front and rear height.

If it sags in the rear try adjusting the rear height adjusting links. The ramps are adjustable but I wouldn't mess with them too much. If they break they are nearly impossible to find.

John
                          John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
                          jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

Comment

• partsetal
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Jun 4 2005

Another possibility is that the seal around the back of the panel is too fat. This will prevent the back of the panel from levelling with the roof.
                            Carl

Comment

• JWIW465
                              • Feb 17 2018

Originally posted by jopizz
                              I would follow the instructions in the TRL for adjusting the front and rear height.

If it sags in the rear try adjusting the rear height adjusting links. The ramps are adjustable but I wouldn't mess with them too much. If they break they are nearly impossible to find.

John
                              John,

Thanks for the feedback. I followed the instructions, which were a lifesaver! This page is loaded with invaluable information. The lift levers are maxed out but the RR corner is still about 1/16 low. The ramps look like they could be easily damaged if not handled with care. That's why I decided to apply some PB Blaster and step away for a day or two.

John

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎