X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wudro
    Experienced
    • Jan 25 2015

1960 T-Bird Project

Found a Wounded Bird, going to Nurse Her back to Health. She'll fly again... In the meantime, got my work cut out for me. This is what I wanted so Wish Me Luck!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Wudro; February 2, 2015, 09:00 PM.
    SquareBird in BirdCity
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

1960 T-Bird Project

Congratulations on saving that Wounded Bird, Ryan! Down the road with a lot of TLC, she will look like the Bird she was when she flew outta Wixom 55 years ago! As you need help with her, post away in the '58-'60 Squarebirds Forum. They will be a big help to you.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Wudro
      Experienced
      • Jan 25 2015

What a Cool Place to be a Part of... Just what the Internet should be used for. Communication. Thx!
      Attached Files
      SquareBird in BirdCity

Comment

• jopizz
        Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

You're very fortunate to still have the skirts. Usually they're the first things to disappear.

John
        John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
        jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

Comment

• Wudro
          Experienced
          • Jan 25 2015

They're both there in Excellent AZ shape. Score one in the Win Column. Had no idea they were so rare. I've already seen a few at some Boneyards out here in the Desert. Good to Know
          Attached Files
          SquareBird in BirdCity

Comment

• Dan Leavens
            Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Ryan thanks for the compliment about our site and yes these people know what they are talking about as they have been there. In no time in your restoration project your bird will " fly " and turning heads
            Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
            Thunderbird Registry
            58HT #33317
            60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Wudro
              Experienced
              • Jan 25 2015

Trying to figure out what motor and tranny combo I'm going to put in here. YellowRose kindly gave me some great advice. Looking into the 390. If anybody has started a project without an original setup I'd love to hear any suggestions or recommendations on threads that would be helpful... Thanks!
              Attached Files
              SquareBird in BirdCity

Comment

• Dakota Boy
                Super-Experienced
                • Jun 30 2009

If you want to entertain the idea of putting a 429/460 in there, I can give you some pros and cons. The transmission in my car is a C6.
                http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• RustyNCa
                  Super-Experienced
                  • May 31 2007

Originally posted by jopizz
                  You're very fortunate to still have the skirts. Usually they're the first things to disappear.

John
                  I noticed that and thought the same thing. I'm lucky enough to have two sets of them

Comment

• RustyNCa
                    Super-Experienced
                    • May 31 2007

Originally posted by Wudro
                    Trying to figure out what motor and tranny combo I'm going to put in here. YellowRose kindly gave me some great advice. Looking into the 390. If anybody has started a project without an original setup I'd love to hear any suggestions or recommendations on threads that would be helpful... Thanks!
                    I already switched to a 390 in our 58 a few year ago, it was very easy, looks like the summer project will be switching to a C6 that is now laying on the shop floor, so if I am ahead of you on that, maybe I will be able to help.

Comment

• YellowRose
                      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

1960 T-Bird Project

Ryan said it was his understanding that the 390 the PO has is a seized 390. I think it was in that engine bay, but am not sure. Can someone tell us if those motor mounts are for a 352 or the 390 which might have been in there. I think Ryan is going to see if he can nail this down, as to whether that seized 390 the PO has actually came out of that engine bay. I would imagine that those of you who have been down the 352/390 swap can tell by looking at the motor mounts in that picture.

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• jopizz
                        Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

I see you have a disc brake master cylinder. Did the previous owner do a conversion?

John

Comment

• jopizz
                          Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Originally posted by YellowRose
                          Ryan said it was his understanding that the 390 the PO has is a seized 390. I think it was in that engine bay, but am not sure. Can someone tell us if those motor mounts are for a 352 or the 390 which might have been in there. I think Ryan is going to see if he can nail this down, as to whether that seized 390 the PO has actually came out of that engine bay. I would imagine that those of you who have been down the 352/390 swap can tell by looking at the motor mounts in that picture.
                          A 390 uses the same motor mounts so it's impossible to tell what was in there previously.

John

Comment

• YellowRose
                            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

1960 T-Bird Project

Thanks, John... I was thinking that to shoehorn a 390 in there that you have to modify the motor mounts. That un-complicates things then! I guess it was the 430MEL that I was thinking of where you have to modify them.. I remember now that it is said that a 390 and a 352 look the same. You have to check the block, and/or head, stroke, or other components to see if you have a 390 or a 352...
                            Last edited by YellowRose; February 4, 2015, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• Wudro
                              Experienced
                              • Jan 25 2015

Originally posted by jopizz
                              I see you have a disc brake master cylinder. Did the previous owner do a conversion?

John
                              Not quite sure John. The previous owner said the car was one of his Dad's "Someday" projects. So he was gettin rid of it and didn't know much about it. I'll look into it though. Cross my fingers, save ME from doing it!
                              SquareBird in BirdCity

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎