X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tarps3
    Super-Experienced
    • Jul 21 2003

respect our veterans!

this is WAY off topic and I'm not fond of discussing either politics or religion.
    I don't have faith in politics and my spirituality is personal to me.

This isn't about that.

This is about respecting those who gave their all for this country and those who survived them.

Watch the video, sign the petition, and forward to as many people as you can.

What in the world has happened to this country?!?!?
    Do the courts really have nothing better to do?
    I thought California was bankrupt but their courts spend money to pursue this???

This is unforgivable if it goes through.
    Regardless of your political or religious beliefs, this is simply WRONG.

Where is the national media?!?!?!
    Oh yea - they are covering Michael Jackson's service
    This was sent to me by a vet friend of mine who is very upset about it.

Video:
    After WWI many U.S. soldiers moved to the Californian desert to find physical and emotional healing. In 1934, they erected a memorial to honor their fallen...

petition:
    Casey
  • Coral
    Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

I can honestly say, I had to watch the video twice as I could NOT believe it.... without a doubt a kick in the teeth for anyone that Served this country and lost their life, not to mention anyone considering joining the services will take another step back....since the government is not supporting them!

I will attempt to spread this information as far as I can...

Thank you tarps3 for bringing this to light....

ps....I happen to like Michael... so

Comment

• Dan Leavens
      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Casey thank you for the link and also the video. Our current governing bodies allow these idiotic submissions to be entered into the court system.To think, what was once a very symbolic gesture is being turned into someone's " charter of rights" blows me away. I would hope that common sense would prevail and the supreme court would once again allow, the " cross " to be displayed for all to see.
      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

That is so wrong! Let the cross stay!
        I've said it before and I will say it again, if you serve this country the government should take care of you or your family the rest of your or there lives. Thank God they were willing to fight for our freedom. Where would we be if they had not fought?
        I did not go fight, nor do I want to. But I will if I have to, to save the freedom that we all should all cherish and be proud of.
        They took the Ten Commandments out of schools and public offices, because someone did not like it.
        WHATS NEXT!!!
        Richard D. Hord

Comment

• SandyBoy
          Super-Experienced
          • Oct 31 2002

No No No

That is plain wrong! Let the Cross stay as a memorial to the
          thousands who gave their life, for their country. But, I do
          think since they fought and died unison, hand & hand with
          their Jewish brothern, that next to the Cross should be a
          Star-Of-David, to honor the Jewish Veterens, as well.
          I do not know what the heck is wrong with the ACLU.
          As a Jewish American, I would fight to protect that Cross,
          with all my might, and I'd hope that thoses who follow a
          different path to God, would equally fight to protect the
          Hebrew Star, as well. (As I would).
          Live & let live. Honor your neighbor, as you do yourself.

Comment

• bird 60
            Super-Experienced
            • Mar 18 2009

At times I wonder as to what is happening to the Western World & the Christian Faith. I have been a resident of Australia since 1954, originally from Greece at the age of 8, minus 6 of those years that I lived in Canada. Australia used to be an almost all Christian Faith Country.
            Since the M--------Ms came to this Land of ours they have succeded to not allow a lot of Christian practices to take place. Not wanting us to fly the Australian Flag & many more things. You give them an opportunity for a better life & they want to change us. If they are not happy with our way of life, I say send them back & good riddance. It would be a lot better for our battered economy & our easy going way of life. The Cross in question might not be Big in size but its meaning is Enormous. I hope good sense posses the IDIOTS that want it removed, & leave it the way it was put up originally if not Bigger. It makes me boil inside like I'm sure it does with most of you.

Chris....From the Land of Oz.

Comment

• tarps3
              Super-Experienced
              • Jul 21 2003

Originally posted by SandyBoy
              That is plain wrong! Let the Cross stay as a memorial to the
              thousands who gave their life, for their country. But, I do
              think since they fought and died unison, hand & hand with
              their Jewish brothern, that next to the Cross should be a
              Star-Of-David, to honor the Jewish Veterens, as well.
              I do not know what the heck is wrong with the ACLU.
              As a Jewish American, I would fight to protect that Cross,
              with all my might, and I'd hope that thoses who follow a
              different path to God, would equally fight to protect the
              Hebrew Star, as well. (As I would).
              Live & let live. Honor your neighbor, as you do yourself.
              I agree Sandy.
              That's what is so impressive about Arlington Cemetery: the rows of crosses and stars really emphasizes that we're all in this together.

I wasn't there when they erected it but I don't think the cross was meant to be a "Christian-only" thing.
              I see it as more of a symbol of sacrifice.
              That's just my opinion.
              I wouldn't mind if a star of David was erected nearby - I don't get offended by others contrary to the ACLU's constant assertions.

I'm a big boy.

I also think it's interesting that people automatically assume the cross is Christian (admittedly, that's typically the case).
              However, the Romans developed the Latin cross way before Christianity and used it to crucify a variety of people - many, many Jews.
              The cross symbol itself is one of the most ancient graphic symbols and dates back into pre-history. It is also an important Native American symbol which was my first thought when viewing the video.

Christians have taken it as a symbol unto their faith but I see it as much more universal than that.

In any case, it was erected to honor those who sacrificed their all. It's been there for over 7 decades. Leave it alone!
              Casey

Comment

• Don B.
                • Jun 27 2009

I might be new to this Forum, but I'm not new to reality!

I am a New Zealander who is proud that both my parents fought in WWII, with the Air Force.

I am appalled that ONE person can say they're "Offended", and the Courts will back them up.

It is a simple but powerful memorial to the men and women who lost their lives defending our freedom that we enjoy today.

Does this sad, petty, little individual even pause to think that he only has the ability to "Complain" because of the enormous sacrifice made by so MANY to allow him this ability to do so!.........................I think not!

I trust that commonsense will prevail, and the memorial (and others like it) will be allowed to stand in perpituity.
                "Thunderbirds go where they please, and please wherever they go"

Comment

• tarps3
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Jul 21 2003

Originally posted by Don B.

I am appalled that ONE person can say they're "Offended", and the Courts will back them up.

welcome to America...the land of litigation.
                  Casey

Comment

• tbird430
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Jun 18 2007

My name has been added to the list.
                    sigpic
                    The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Coral
                      Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Hey...maybe starting a class-action suit against this schmuck that we are offended by his actions...?

...the guy has NEVER been there...never seen The Cross in real life! ...his commentary was he might travel through the area sometime and see it

Not sure where the ACLU is going... (thinking toilet myself), but this is not the only Memorial they are after...ANY on public land... how many members of the ACLU are Veterans ya think? Can't imagine everyone is on board there..
                      the website http://www.donttearmedown.com/ has some good reading, videos on it, well none of its GOOD, but informative...have to go back and check, but fairly sure this Cross has been in its location longer than this schmuck has been alive...

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎