X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Clark
    • Mar 3 2015

1962 T Bird convertible

Hello Everyone!

I am brand new to the forum and look forward to getting to know you folks!

I recently acquired a 1962 convertible that has been sitting in a garage for 25 +years.

I am going to start working on it soon and welcome any input you have.

My game plan is to get it running and safe by replacing the fuel, brake, ignition and cooling systems.

I would like to put larger wheels and an air ride suspension along with electronic ignition. If you could direct me to threads you think are relevant as well as offer any advice on where to purchase parts etc. that would be great.

I look forward to learning from you guys!

Thanks
    Clark
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Clark,

Welcome to Squarebirds. Make sure you check out the Technical Resource Library. It has a wealth of knowledge on all systems including air suspension, electronic ignition, wheels, etc.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

Welcome Clark, it's good to see another Michigander onboard.

Do you have a Shop Manual for your car? This is the very first tool you will need. They are sold at all the vendors and are inexpensive. - Dave
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Joe Johnston
        Super-Experienced
        • Dec 23 2008

I recently acquired a 1962 convertible that has been sitting in a garage for 25 +years.
        Same here - ABSOLUTELY the first thing to do is order a full set of manuals. A lot (most) of information is available here in the TRL area. STUDY the function of the Convertible Top manual and make the recommended jumper wires. I also made 2 more jumpers each 25' long to clip to the battery terminals to have good solid connections to any area I am working on. The top mechanism can be a bit overwhelming at first, but only one thing happens at a time.

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

1962 T Bird convertible

Clark, a list of Tbird vendors can be found in the Advertisements Forum on here. You will want to call or email them and ask them to send you their free catalogs. You can go online on their websites and order the necessary shop manual, and other manuals you are going to need. The wiring schematic is found in the Technical Resource Library, the link to which can be found on any post I or jopizz made, like this one. It is below my signature element. Good luck with the restore!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎