X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zgolson
    • Nov 12 2012

Originally posted by DKheld
    Looking really great.
    As mentioned - that chrome work and grille treatment are nice.
    The black and white interior works great on the white car but I think the all black will be much better on the color choice you made - going to be a fun cruiser indeed.
    Had someone tell me one time that "white looks plain - like you couldn't afford a color" Oh well - to each his own.

Have you converted to front disc brakes?

Eric
    (edit - oh forgot to mention - mine has been in the family since new also - my Dad and Mom bought it new - well - the car actually found them instead of the other way around)

Nice ride! I like it. the black and white interior works. I have not done any mechanical yet. it runs like a top, because it stayed in the garage for over 30 years in Los Angeles there was no rust. Is it difficult to convert to disc brakes? I know I want to lower the stance 2 inches but that seems to be a tough job.

Comment

• zgolson
      • Nov 12 2012

Designed My Own Gear

I think they look pretty cool. I should be picking my car up this weekend to begin installing all the chrome and headliner. I cant wait to go cruising.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

• zgolson
        • Nov 12 2012

Finally out of paint

She finally got her new dress. Next is her jewelry
        Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

• Tbird1044
          Super-Experienced
          • Jul 31 2012

NICE, Can't wait to see it with the chrome back on.
          It gives me hope and inspiration to get my done. Been waiting for about 20 years, so figure it is time I finish it. LOL
          Nyles

Comment

• zgolson
            • Nov 12 2012

Originally posted by Tbird1044
            NICE, Can't wait to see it with the chrome back on.
            It gives me hope and inspiration to get my done. Been waiting for about 20 years, so figure it is time I finish it. LOL
            Nyles

Thanks, I will update as I go along. This is a labor of love. My wife calls it my girlfriend. LOL

Comment

• Joe Johnston
              Super-Experienced
              • Dec 23 2008

Looking great! I like the colors.

I've been at this point several times over the years and I will offer a bit of unsolicited advice based on my experiences.

TAKE YOUR TIME!!!

I know everyone is anxious at this point of a restoration, so just relax and take you time and work methodically through the rest of the job so you aren't taking things apart that you did last week. The more you work and have to re-do, the more you risk scratching something. Just relax and take your time! The hard work is over and every little thing you do now will show up big time! If you get frustrated, just close the door and walk away!!! (Booze helps too! ) A day or two later things always work better.

Keep up the good work and we like pictures!!!

Comment

• Tbird1044
                Super-Experienced
                • Jul 31 2012

I like the advice, especially the "close the door and walk away" and the "Booze helps to"
                Nyles

Comment

• zgolson
                  • Nov 12 2012

Originally posted by Joe Johnston
                  Looking great! I like the colors.

I've been at this point several times over the years and I will offer a bit of unsolicited advice based on my experiences.

TAKE YOUR TIME!!!

I know everyone is anxious at this point of a restoration, so just relax and take you time and work methodically through the rest of the job so you aren't taking things apart that you did last week. The more you work and have to re-do, the more you risk scratching something. Just relax and take your time! The hard work is over and every little thing you do now will show up big time! If you get frustrated, just close the door and walk away!!! (Booze helps too! ) A day or two later things always work better.

Keep up the good work and we like pictures!!!
                  GREAT ADVICE! I actually did that yesterday. The bumper was giving me trouble. I just added new pictures to the photobucket. Go check them out. Thanks again for the advice. http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/Go...finally%20home
                  Last edited by zgolson; August 25, 2013, 08:12 PM. Reason: Added link to new pictures

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎