• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny
    Apprentice
    • Dec 21 2011

8-track radio

Hello
    Have a radio with 8-track tape recorder in my car. Unfortunately, AM does not work well here in Sweden and I intend to switch to a retro radio (RetroSound). The firm says that it fits directly but I doubt that it is true. The opening seems to look quite different than it does for the radio without tape. What do you think, do you think it fits?
    Johnny Andersson
    Gothenburg, Sweden

• jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

You are correct. The opening for the 8 track player is larger than the stock opening. According to the dimensions on the RetroSound website the height of their bezel is 2 1/4" (57mm) and the width is 5 3/4" (146.5mm). I would measure your bezel and see what it is. I suspect it won't fit.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• Johnny
      Apprentice
      • Dec 21 2011

thanks

Thanks. Just what I suspected. Sad that the seller does not know this.
      I think it should go if I move the brackets and make a new front plate.
      Johnny
      Johnny Andersson
      Gothenburg, Sweden

Comment

• Johnny
        Apprentice
        • Dec 21 2011

Update

Has now received the radio to fit. Needed to make changes to the holder. The buttons need to be moved in and the holes need to be sharpened up. Has drawn usb and Bluetoth under the console. Looks and sounds really good. Unfortunately the front piece made of plastic.
        Johnny Andersson
        Gothenburg, Sweden

Comment

It doesnt fit

I have a 1957 T-bird and my brother has a 1958 T-bird. He tried the Retrosound and it did not fit. I have a Custom Autosound for my 1957 Thunderbird radio and it went right in.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎