No announcement yet.

1962 Seat Belts

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

1962 Seat Belts

I don't think mine has them. To add them will there be predrilled holes for them or does one have to start from scratch?

Got my car today. Has seat belts in back but not the front. Clearly someone added them. Got to assume the mounting holes are there for the front.

Comment

• GeoffInCarlsbad
      Experienced
      • Jul 4 2015

Seat Belts

I had to add them to my '61 front & back. Just created my own holes for the bolts.
      Geoff In Carlsbad
      1961 Thunderbird Convertible aka: Betty:cool:

sigpic

Comment

I thought they were an option on the cars, meaning all of them would have bolts drilled for the ones that chose the option?

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

1962 Seat Belts...

One website that I use a lot to check out specs and info on Tbirds is Automotive Mile Posts. It not only covers Thunderbirds, but many makes of classic cars. Here is what it has to say regarding seat belts in the Bulletbird... In the 1961 & 1962's Standard Equipment list is states they have Seat Belt Anchors... It does not mention having seat belts installed, just "anchors". It says nothing about those Seat Belt Anchors for the 1963, either as Standard or Optional Equipment. What is does NOT state is if those Seat Belt Anchors are for the front only or the front and the back... Hopefully, when jopizz gets back on, he can tell you more about this.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• GeoffInCarlsbad
            Experienced
            • Jul 4 2015

Seat Belts

When I raised the car up, there were no punchouts for seat belts, fore or aft. I also looked beneath the carpet. So I just measured some consistent spots to drill holes and I was on my way. When ordering belts, they came along with nuts, bolts and extra-wide washers.
            Geoff In Carlsbad

sigpic

Comment

• Joe Johnston
              Super-Experienced
              • Dec 23 2008

I wonder when ordered new with seat belts if the belts were something the dealers installed as part of the prep process prior to sale? My 63 SR has front belts, but no rear, no holes in the rear floor area for them either.

Comment

someone put belts in my back seats, will have to pull seats to see what they did. I really would like to have belts in the front though a lap belt won't keep my face out of the steering wheel that well. ha ha

Comment

• GeoffInCarlsbad
                  Experienced
                  • Jul 4 2015

61 Seat Belts

My '61 did not have pre-drilled holes or punch outs. I just measured to approximate where they should be, and drilled out holes. Works just fine. Now these are simply lap-belts, not 3-point belts.

~g
                  Geoff In Carlsbad

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍