No announcement yet.

Ignition switch install into bezel

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignition switch install into bezel

When I bought my t bird the previous owner installed a universal ignition switch because the original died. The universal ignition switch did not fit the dash bezel so I went ahead and purchased the correct one. How does the ignition switch mount to the bezel? I think I am missing some pieces that hold it in place. Any pictures or parts diagrams would be very helpful.
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

You need the chrome bezel, the plastic ignition spacer and the chrome lock nut.

John
    Attached Files
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

What ever happened with this, Dan?
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Previous owner had the pieces and actually gave them to me. I was missing the lock nut that holds the ignition switch into the bezel.

Comment

• simplyconnected
          Administrator
          • May 26 2009

Thanks for letting us know how your problem was resolved. John went to some effort to show a picture of your setup with part numbers.

We are here to help solve problems in an open forum format, for the benefit of all who seek this information. It's free.

Many posts go unanswered after we research and offer sound advice. Typically, new people ask a question then they never check back. This is frustrating and fruitless for everyone.

So please, if you have resolved your problem, extend the courtesy of letting us know how you resolved it. If the project is on 'hold', let us know that, too. Restorers from all over the world research our site for specific answers to your problem because they may have the same car with similar issues. - Dave
          Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
          --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Tbird1044
            Super-Experienced
            • Jul 31 2012

Dave:
            I agree with you. It's always nice to know if something works or not.

Nyles

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎