Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Nice score Marcelo. I'll take a fuel problem over body work any day.
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

NYsquarebird58’ (NEW) Tbird

Thanks for sharing the story of how you found your '60 Black Raven! It pleases me to have a small part in your story! As I just found out, you never know what is in your own "backyard"! Mark ~ Griffen from Down Under, has been looking for a convertible and posted that he had found a '60 white one with red and white interior and a continental kit. It is located about a 15 minute drive from me and I have never, ever seen this Tbird at a car show! It has just been sold to someone in Sweden! The money transfer just went through. Anders, did you just buy a '60 Convertible? Or know someone who did? See what you can find out about that if you can. I have asked the seller to tell the buyer about our Forum, so hopefully, he will come join us on here when he gets it.

You might want to keep that gas tank, Marcelo! The problems you had could be due to a bad gas tank, a bad screen in it, a clogged fuel like, a bad fuel pump, a bad carb, or even bad gas. When you find the problem and get it fixed, and if it is not the tank, you can always sell that tank. Let us know more about her as you can. I would get her out of the snow if you can also...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Jimz Bird
        Experienced
        • Feb 3 2011

Neat how that all worked out.

It makes owning our Birds a really special event and personalizes our relationship with them.

And, it's nice to know that the things you are working through now will be fun and you are not starting from scratch as you would have been before.

Doing all that body work really takes special skills. Most of use can get the mechanical things fixed. Especially with "a little help from our friends" here on the Forum.

Looking forward to reading of your challenges and conquests,
        Jim
        Jimz Greenie with a White Hat and Brown Guts (ZE-XG)
        sigpic

CLICK HERE for Jimz web site

Comment

• Anders
          Super-Experienced
          • Jan 19 2008

Originally posted by YellowRose
          It has just been sold to someone in Sweden! The money transfer just went through. Anders, did you just buy a '60 Convertible? Or know someone who did? See what you can find out about that if you can. I have asked the seller to tell the buyer about our Forum, so hopefully, he will come join us on here when he gets it.
          No, not me I can not buy any more car as I have big plans with Ruth this year. Planning to give her a new paint and a new all leather interior. If everything goes well, she will be awesome in a year from now
          I know Partsetal ships some Squarebirds from time to time to a guy 2 hours from me. I don´t know if he is involved in this one, but if I hear anything, I´ll let you know at once.
          sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
          http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• NYsquarebird58
            Experienced
            • Feb 6 2012

Originally posted by Anders
            No, not me I can not buy any more car as I have big plans with Ruth this year. Planning to give her a new paint and a new all leather interior. If everything goes well, she will be awesome in a year from now
            I know Partsetal ships some Squarebirds from time to time to a guy 2 hours from me. I don´t know if he is involved in this one, but if I hear anything, I´ll let you know at once.
            Anders, that shade of red is gorgeous on Ruth. Are you planning on repainting her the same color or different?
            VTCI# 11860
            58HT - Thunderbird Registry Number: 37043 (Sold)

60HT - Thunderbird Registry Number: 37252 "Lucille" (Sold)

Comment

• Dan Leavens
              Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Marcelo I am glad that all worked out and that you received your squarebird.org decal. Show it off with pride on your classic
              Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
              Thunderbird Registry
              58HT #33317
              60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Anders
                Super-Experienced
                • Jan 19 2008

Originally posted by NYsquarebird58
                Anders, that shade of red is gorgeous on Ruth. Are you planning on repainting her the same color or different?
                By some very strange reason, my paint looks realy good on pictures. But it is quite bad to be honest. A lot of chipping and quite a few small bumps and dents. Apart from that, I don´t like the colour either.... Though about baby blue exterior for some time, but decided to give it a mild custom look, inspired by Rays Yellow Rose, with some kind of "period right paint style".
                I am planning to do a Green metallic / White pearl "Watson paint" ( Photoshopped attachment ), and a full red interior. Seats, dash, floor, roof all in red. Will be handmade by one of the best interior shops avalible here in Sweden ( sybo.se ) Doors will be a mix of ´58 & ´60. Steering wheel green pearl. I have one steering wheel at pearlcraft.com in Australia at the moment. I rechrome the bumpers and got new tires last year, so it all seems to come together nicely
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Anders; February 25, 2012, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• newbird59
                  Experienced
                  • Dec 27 2011

New tbird

Super happy to hear that you have found the new tbird, Marcelo! I have kept up on your posts and you are very driven to restore an old tbird. I'm excited to see your new girl and see your progress! I'm sure i'll have questions and comments!

I picked up a 1960 Tbird in Raven black color a few weeks ago and I have been working on her ever since! Most don't know but I purchased a 1959 months ago and it was way too much for me to take on...so I'm using her for parts and making a 1959/1960 hybrid! If you need anything for your tbird, let me know. I have a complete tbird that I'm parting out.

Happy building, man!!

--David
                  1960 Thunderbird
                  429 TJ
                  C6 Tranny
                  Under Construction

Comment

• NYsquarebird58
                    Experienced
                    • Feb 6 2012

Below is a little youtube video I made of the new T-Bird.

http://youtu.be/ld3TuwfdhG0?hd=1

And here are the pics!

VTCI# 11860

Comment

• simplyconnected
                      Administrator
                      • May 26 2009

Fantastic, Marcelo. Hey, open the hood and video the engine while it's running. Pan around to show details of your engine bay components.

I see you have a Bendix booster on your firewall. Compare your new master cylinder location with the old (manual) location. That booster bracket on the firewall is the hardest part to find. I know some restorers who cut the rivets off the original booster to use the old bracket on a new dual 8". Others, like Howard Prout, made their own. I know you are comfortable with your shoe system for right now, but I just want to draw the two stock comparisons.

I cannot tell from your pictures whether you have a generator or alternator. Let's have a closer look at the voltage regulator.

There are lots of things to go through. As you become more familiar with the car, you will find more quirks (every car has quirks).

I couldn't be happier for you and this great treasure of a find. - Dave
                      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Dakota Boy
                        Super-Experienced
                        • Jun 30 2009

looks like someone already installed a new dash pad in your car.

that's one less BIG job you'll have to do.
                        http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• Anders
                          Super-Experienced
                          • Jan 19 2008

Congrats! She looks and sounds great! I´m not sure how your ´58 was equipped, but the first thing that comes to me is that you should realy try to get electric windows, and if there are any in the ´58, keep them for the ´60. To reach those rear windows by hand, is a drag realy.
                          Last edited by Anders; February 26, 2012, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• NYsquarebird58
                            Experienced
                            • Feb 6 2012

Originally posted by Anders
                            Congrats! She looks and sounds great! I´m not sure how your ´58 was equipped, but the first thing that comes to me is that you should realy try to get electric windows, and if there are any in the ´58, keep them for the ´60. To reach those rear windows by hand, is a drag realy.
                            Thank! It's funny, the one thing I did not like about the 58' was the electric windows. They're not bad, I just like crank up windows - less likely for something to malfunction.
                            VTCI# 11860

Comment

• jopizz
                              Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

I'll take manual windows any day of the week. Anybody who prefers power windows must not work on them themselves.
                              John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
                              jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

Comment

• NYsquarebird58
                                Experienced
                                • Feb 6 2012

Originally posted by Dakota Boy
                                looks like someone already installed a new dash pad in your car.

that's one less BIG job you'll have to do.
                                I'm going to have to redo it. It's starting to come up around the instrument cluster. Really the whole interior will need to be redone from headliner to carpet and everything in between, but I'm in no big rush at the moment; she looks presentable as she is.
                                VTCI# 11860

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎