View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 06:46 PM
jopizz's Avatar
jopizz jopizz is offline
Excellent Auto Mechanic for over 40 years.
Join Date: Nov 23 2009
Posts: 5,569
jopizz is on a distinguished road

The pipe is just pressed in so it's replaceable. New ones are available from any of the T-Bird vendors. The problem is getting the old one out if it's corroded. Most likely it will just break if he tries to remove it and then he'll have to chisel it out. The Edelbrock manifold is nice except for the fact that it doesn't have the oil fill tube so you also have to buy new valve covers. There were aluminum Ford intakes but they're difficult to find and expensive. If he's not a stickler for originality he can use a later model intake from a 390 or 360 but it will most likely be a two barrel. I think I would attempt to replace the pipe first. I remember people also using copper pipe. I think it's 5/8.

John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator
1959 Convertible

Thunderbird Registry #36223 856-779-9695
Reply With Quote