No announcement yet.

66 Wheel Clearance

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

66 Wheel Clearance

OK - so does anyone know the largest wheel and tire combo I can put on my 66 coupe? I'm looking at 18x9.5 on the back and 18x8 on the front - this car will have a Ridetec Suspension put on it over the winter. Any help in either determining the max I can put in those wheel wells or past experience would be appreciated.

FYI - In case anyone is interested - an 18x9.5 will work on the back and the 18x8 are a fit for the front, with a little room to spare - should look awesome once the Ridetec is installed.

Comment

• Yadkin
      Banned
      • Aug 11 2012

I see they have front suspension stuff but not rear components.

Comment

• RatsTbird
        • Apr 26 2015

I have a 65 and wanted to put a wider tire on a 17 inch rim. I was hoping you had some picture you could share.

Comment

• simplyconnected
          Administrator
          • May 26 2009

Out here in Detroit, we simply go to a tire store and let them determine largest sizes. They're glad to do it for classic cars. - Dave
          Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
          --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• jhuebner
            Experienced
            • Apr 12 2014

Wheels will fit without issue I have the same size on my 65, Show Wheels Steeter, back spacing may be different per manufacturer you will also need spacers on the front, front tires are 225/45/18 rear 235/45/18 front is lowered 2" the rear lowered from being old, RideTech has the bag over leaf for the rear, for all cars with rear leaf set up

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎