View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 06:03 PM
Experienced

Daleo56 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyconnected View Post
Since you changed your intake manifold gaskets, did you also block the exhaust crossover port? I always do this just to relieve the cooling system. I believe, there is no reason for the cooling system to deal with exhaust heat. When I block this port with a small patch of shim stock, I also disable the heat riser valve. Actually, I use a cutting torch to gut the heat riser valve so the outside looks the same and the 'axles' still plug the holes but the center is clear. Now, both banks' exhaust exit straight out their pipes.

An oil cooler works well because when your engine is cold, it won't cool. When your oil gets hot, ambient 110˚ Texas air hits 300˚ oil and efficiency finally has a chance to work because of the drastic difference in temperatures. - Dave
I blocked the crossover port and no exhaust goes through the manifold.

I did not weld the riser open but I will do that at the shop this weekend.

I have never run a separate oil cooler. Where do you pick up source for the oil?

All of cooling system components are new or in working condition so, based on your Thunderbird driving through the desert comment on another post, I thought I may have a bunch adjustments, that combined, make the bird hot.

I would prefer to not make any changes (no shroud or flex fan) so working through this is good. That prior post got heavy with extras so having this one address it directly is good.

Thunderbird Registry Entry