problem with replacement window rollers
This morning I got busy on my quarter window problem. I reinforced the rail as Nyles had done. For rail reinforcement I used 1/2 inch leg steel angle then drilled and tapped holes in the window frame for 10-24 machine screws. The exposed leg is on the outside of the frame as there is no clearance problem there. Also, I replaced the cupped washers on the new replacement rollers with the cupped washers salvaged from old rollers. Check out the picture of the new roller with the old cupped washer on it (on right) with the new roller and its cupped washer (on the left). It looks pretty clear to me that the modified roller will slide better on the rail. After some lunch I will re-install the window. Hope all goes well. Will let you know. I've attached pictures of the project.