View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 06:35 PM
Apprentice

ss396t6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyconnected View Post
Yes, Jopizz is John. He does have a Master Parts Catalog. He is very helpful and comfy with his and other T-birds.

If John cited a 2900424 is included as an OEM and you already have one, it doesn't get any better than that. Ford used a host of regulator numbers and brands (like Bosch) across car and truck lines. John only cited T-bird. If you add all the cars (Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, Edsel), tractors and trucks (we always sold more trucks than cars), you quickly realize that it's impossible for one company to make millions of production and service regulators in one year. Although the part number didn't change, Ford used a vendor number to identify the parts. All the regulators work equally as well within the same part number.

Happy New Year - Dave
Thanks and Happy New Year to you, too, Dave.

Although Fords have been in my family over a period of many decades I have personally been a Chevy guy for the last 30 years. I have loved the Thunderbirds particularly the years from 1955-1966, 1957 specifically.

After reading the output information about the 1957 generators and their particulars I noted that the original voltage regulators had the same information. I also learned that 1957 generators are unique to themselves. I was offered a chance to switch over to an alternator but at this time I want to keep things as original as possible.