View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 10:08 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Disc Brake Conversion

Eric, thank you for your post regarding this subject. Nyles, Eric is correct when he states that the disc brake conversion will NOT work with 14" OEM rims. Myself and a number of others on here have gone through the front disc brake conversion process. We went out and found 14" rims off a 70's Ford Granada, or Lincoln, or other already equipped disc brake Ford car at salvage yards. If you have not read all the disc brake conversion information that we put together for our Paid Membership, and you are one, please go to the Members Conference for Paid Members, and go through all that. As I recall there is a list there of what year Fords to look for that are already disc brake equipped. I grabbed five disc brake ready rims off a 70's Granada. The reason why I got all five of them was so that it did not matter if I had to rotate tires or use the spare, all 5 rims would work on the front, instead of just having to rely on only the spare. The equipment we used is a tried and true way to go and it works. My '59 and other Squarebird owners have gone this route with excellent results.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm