View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 10:35 AM
Super-Experienced

DKheld is on a distinguished road

More info directly from the Wildwood web site.
http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/Bra...ird&option=All

JMHO - I'm sure specialty aluminum calipers work but I wouldn't want them on a street car.
In a racing application maybe - where weight is a issue and sponsors money could replace them before every race - but not on a street vehicle.

Wonder if you can even get rebuild kits for the calipers? I didn't see them listed on their web site. Certainly not from NAPA or other major parts stores - you would be at the mercy of Wildwood.

You have to remember too - after you put the calipers on - the master cyl is not designed for calipers but drum wheel cyls so it needs replacing.....along with splitting the brake system, adding a proportioning valve, coming up with the right flex hoses to interface the Wildwood caliper to the OEM Ford line etc.

I've just never liked the terminology "kit" when all that is included are rotors and brackets. I guess it is a "kit" but just not what I imagine. At least this one doesn't advertise that it's a "complete disc brake conversion kit" like others I've seen.

"and clear most 14" OEM wheels"

Seems like Wildwood would do their homework and let you know for sure whether the OEM wheels will or will not work. The fact that they do not - tells me they haven't completed a conversion or had good feedback from someone who has.....makes you wonder. And no pictures installed on a car - more proof of just selling parts.....

Fairly decent shipping price!

Eric