Thread: Need some HELP
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 10:21 PM
Apprentice

Steffan is on a distinguished road
Default pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird1044 View Post
I agree with John. A bouncing speedo is usually the cable. You can pull the speedo out and then pull the cable out of the housing. Coat the cable with a good grease and push it back into the housing.
As for the speed difference, greasing the cable won't help that. If you have 70 series tires and the originals were 75 series, you have a smaller profile tire with a smaller circumference. I think there is only about a 5% difference, but is the 10 MPH difference at 30 MPH or 105 MPH? You are a braver man than I am to get these old birds up to that speed.
I put one of the aftermarket shrouds on my car, but don't have drive time on it to see if it really helps. Have you tried to install a flex fan? I had one on my car and it really pulled a lot more air, especially at idle, but I couldn't get the shroud to fit with flex fan, so I put the factory 5 blade back on. In all honesty, I wouldn't worry about 212F, as long as you have a good 50/50 mix of antifreeze.
Can't really help with the manifold problem. I had my manifolds decked (surface ground flat) and never had a problem after that.
I didn't look, but do you have any pics of your car posted. Eventually I will end up with a plain Jane Corinthian white car. ;-)
Nyles
I do have pictures of the car but not sure on how to post them. As for the overheating, I have had a lot of problems with my expansion tank. I have had it re-soldered on the lid and then this past year a small pin hole in the lower portion of the tank was soldered. I see Pat Wilsons has used tanks that are pressure checked for $100.00 or new tanks for $200.00. Not sure which way to go. Also after driving for about 45 min to an hour I open the hood and notice a white residue on the side of the expansion tank from the rad hose back toward the engine and also some sort of residue on the underside of the hood, almost an oil colour. Any one with this problem? Could it be from the oil filler cap?

Last edited by Steffan : 11-08-2014 at 10:39 PM. Reason: adding