View Single Post
Old 12-18-2002, 06:43 PM
60brd 60brd is offline
Join Date: Dec 1 2002
Posts: 6
Default Transmission valve

There is a little valve on a bracket on the back of the 352 block is used for. The bracket is mounted to the rear of the intake manifold. The valve looks like a Schraeder type valve (like used on the tires) and has a line which runs to the transmission. I did not see this on a friend's 1959 Thunderbird with the identical 352 motor and auto transmission. Is this a test valve or are you supposed to put air into it? Is the 1959 thunderbird missing this piece? I have not been able to find it in the 1960 shop manual.
Reply With Quote