View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 11:37 AM
Experienced

Hawkrod is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Dang it, I hate working this hard! There appear to

Not really of much interest to me in the context of this thread. The cumulative parts books are often full of deletions and errors and will list things that were still or last available and not older things long deleted. I use the yearly parts books rather than the cumulative ones. Because this discussion was regarding the tube on the side of the engine, I did not include the information about top of the engine hardware. I am not quite sure what you mean by this: "The B7A 9328-A Check Valve was inline and had to be used with the base 312 if it is showing in the LINC-MERC MPC (have no idea why it is listed under LINC also)." The parts books for 59 and older are all seperate divisions There is a Lincoln Book, a Mercury book, and a Ford book. All three show this part. This part is the only check valve shown for 1958 Lincoln's and 1958 Mercury's. I do not remember it on my 57 Tbird but I have to question whether or not it really is an inline valve. It is very possible that it was originally threaded and changed at some point but the 1958 books (printed in 1957) list this as the correct part for these cars with 430 Lincoln/Mercury, 383 Mercury, and 312 Ford engines. Hawkrod