View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Alan H. Tast, AIA Alan H. Tast, AIA is offline
Join Date: Jan 5 2008
Posts: 214
Alan H. Tast, AIA is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by philbird60 View Post
On a 1960 T-bird with cruise-o-matic,
what is the steel tube that comes up from the transmission, and bolts to the back of the exhaust manifold, terminating with a schraeder valve ?
It definitely looks original, but there is no mention in the shop manual of it, and that crazy long-winded manual mentions freakin' EVERYTHING!
Take another look in the '60 shop manual in the transmission section - it should have a photo showing a hand-held gauge hooked up to the Schrader valve. Ford had a pressure gauge kit for dealers to check the transmission, but I don't remember if it was for fluid pressure or vacuum draw, and I'm too lazy right now to dig out the manual to see what it says.
Alan H. Tast AIA, LEED AP BD+C
Technical Director/Past President, Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
Reply With Quote