View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Experienced

Jimz Bird is on a distinguished road

More Info Hot Off the Press - err I mean off the Internet

Here is the response I received from CASCO:

"Jim,

Good questions. The residual pressure valve makes a lot of sense in some applications. We pondered adding it when we began offering the combination (distribution and proportioning) valve. We decided not to add it, because most of the birds out there have the rear brakes properly adjusted and so the extra valve would not be much benefit.

Concerning adding self adjusting mechanism, we have not had any call for this. It might be a good add-on if the car is regularly driven. Unfortunately most of the TBirds arenít driven enough to get the benefit from a self adjusting arrangement. If you do decide to add them, and you have the time to take some pictures and provide your comment, I would really be interested in your take on it.

Regards,
Jim Brown
President CASCO
www.classictbird.com "

So looks like for those of who are "drivers" or want to be when they are ready that either or there may a good consideration.

One more link:
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=238124

I am not really a brake or suspension guy - although I have found Anders thread on the 58 suspension fascinating. Especially the geometry and the importance of "length"

I just have been researching this for a while and thought some of the stuff I had found would be valuable in this thread. I am mostly just a lurker here and on the Y-Block Forum. (Seen ya there also Dave)

Thanks for the "accusation" of being a restorer. Coming from Dave - I consider that quite a compliment!

CLICK HERE for Jimz web site