View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Welcome 1955-'57 Thunderbirders

Yesterday, we had 16 new Little Bird members join us. This morning, when I woke up and got on my PC, I had 11 more new registrants and a couple with problems getting on. One was being rejected due to his email provider being rejected. The other because he could not get the registration correctly completed. I don't know why. 27 and now 28, (I see a new one right now!) have made it through. IF your registration is being rejected due to an email address that means that email provider has been banned on our Forum by the Techies because someone was using it to spam us from. If that happens to you, I suggest that you use a different email service, like a hotmail, yahoo, or gmail account. That should do the trick.

We do have some pretty secure security measures on this Forum for good reason. A year or two ago, we were getting hit with spam big time. People would register, saying they had no Tbird, or make one up. When they became registered they started spamming us. We were deleting the spam as soon as we found it and banning those new members. This went on for some time and kept us hopping. Then they started spamming us with adult spam... We have a good number of women members and even a couple of early teenage girls who are members of this Forum and we could not have that. So our Techies put on stricter security controls. They also added another process that I don't want to go into. I do that process, and it is a manual one. But it is very effective so far. It is intended to be a manual procedure requiring my attention. If new memberships are not processed immediately, it means that I'm not at my computer and will review them as soon as possible after I return. Even slaves get some time to sleep! lol.

So yes, we might have tighter security, but for good reason. To protect YOU, our women, and young girl members from spam of any nature. If you have problems, once again, please call or email me. I will be glad to help.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Last edited by YellowRose : 03-11-2011 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Reworded...