View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 12:57 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Thunderbird Illustrated Article on Golde Top

Hi John,

You should have received an email from Dan Leavens and one from me about this. I just re-sent it to you to both the email addresses I have for you. We probably would not have a problem if we used the material, because Jake Vandersluis passed away in 2006. The magazine has not been published since 1976, and years ago, Thunderbird Productions went out of business. But his wife, Lynne Vandersluis is still alive, as far as I know. When she gave sets of the publication to the Classic Thunderbird Club International, she did not give them the copy right. Same thing applies when Alan Tast, as VTCI President back then, got copies from Jake when he was still alive. VTCI did not get the copy right. I am in the process of trying to get in contact with Lynne Vandersluis to see if she will give us permission to use the material.

If any of you are an attorney specializing in copy right law, or know someone who is, please give me a telephone call. I would like to talk with you about this. I want to get this nailed down before I start using articles. We do not want to be held liable for violation of copy right laws.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm