View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default "Tweety Bird" Revealed!!

Here are a few pix of what Rose looks like now. I will get the rest, including the prep pix, up on my web page as soon as I can this afternoon. Joe called and woke me up to come see her. I think she looks beautiful. If I have this correct, there are 8 coats of paint on her, then 2 coats of pearlescent and then 3 or 4 coats of clear. I lost count. They wanted to put another coat of pearlescent on her, but they were afraid that it would darken the color to much. As it is, the second coat of pearl did darken it some. Joe told me that each additional coat of pearl does darken the base color more. But I think she really looks great! I was thinking of having them paint a yellow band up the sides of the top and across the front, Watson style, but changed my mind. Instead, I asked them to highlight the top by painting the windshield wiper and back window areas white and joint them together with a white stripe. Then I asked Joe to put some white "tail feathers" on her. So he painted the tail fins white! They will let the paint set for a few days to get a good drying effect on it, then start the after paint process. Here are some pix.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TweetyBirdRiteSide1.jpg (70.7 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg TweetyBirdFront1.jpg (70.2 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg TweetyBirdRiteCloseup1.jpg (80.1 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg TweetyBirdDriverSide1.jpg (66.9 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg TweetyBirdRearEnd1.jpg (68.4 KB, 153 views)

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Last edited by YellowRose : 06-03-2010 at 02:50 PM.