View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 11:14 AM
Experienced

Cwcb08 is on a distinguished road

got the hose OUR5T8BIRD was generous to offer us installed yesterday. ( thankyou again )

what a pain. getting the old one out was pretty easy, loosened the fitting at the steering box with a box wrench then when i had it backed all the way out by hand i put a rubber glove over it to catch the fluid while i worked on the other end.

once it was removed I fed the replacement back in an attached at the steering box then fought with the wiper motor end, got it started by hand but it didn't feel right so i backed it off ( didnt want to cross thread it ) then it took me 30 min to get the dam thing started again. ended up pulling the hose back out to recompare it to the original, reconnected the original to make sure i wasn't loosing my mind ( without fishing it back into place ). FINALLY after disconnecting it at the steering box i was able to fight it to start at the other end then wrestle it to thread at the steering box.

i snugged up all the fittings filled the power steering pump with fluid, started the car while it was iding i re checked the power steering and transmission fluid level, added as required then we went for a cruise down the river happy to report no leaks!

we have started talking about buying a different car for next year something that accelerates hard and fast ( and prettier paint or already painted with lots of go fast parts readily available ), we have been watching classifieds and online and we both knew it was coming but maybe not so soon..

thinking about starting at $8000 CAD if anyone knows someone looking in MI or ONtario
2016 FORD F150 XLT 3.5 EB SPORT 302a - 2012 KAWASAKI ZX-6R - 2012 LEGEND DELUXE V-NOSE - 2008 KAWASAKI ZZR600 - 2008 FORD FOCUS SE - 2007 KAWASAKI ZX-6R - 2002 ARTIC CAT 500 - 1990 JOHN DEERE 265 - 1966 FORD THUNDERBIRD HARDTOP TOWN