Thread: Wipers
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 08:40 PM
Apprentice

Thunderherd is on a distinguished road

Hey t bird 6. Sorry I didn't take any pictures, but this is all fresh in my mind if you've got any questions. Some things I run accross that might help. For sure wrap duc tape around the cable drum. Do remove the defrost tube, you need the room to work. Directions say to just loosen the 2 nuts holding the bracket to the dash, but I had to take them completely off in order to access the 2 screws holding the vacuum motor to that bracket. Then, when you install the 2 #10 machine screws into the bracket to hold the new motor, the second screw just would not go in. I had to drill the new motor bracket out just a little over a1/4 inch. I think it was 9/32. Even then the screw would not push in, I had to use a screwdriver to screw it in.
A fuse holder did not come with the kit.picked one up at the parts store. I removed my ignition switch and ran the wire over to the accressary side. Messed up here a little bit. I took out my fuel and tempature gauge so I could get to the ignition switch, and must have hit the needle for the temp gauge. When I got everything back together, the needle didn't move. It was pressed against the gauge. I've bent the needle back out some, and it's working now, but still reading lower than it was before I messed it up. So be careful there. Hope this helps, but if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.