View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 01:06 PM
Experienced

sidewalkman is on a distinguished road

Hmm, overall I like it, the engine compartment is great, so clean but it certainly isn't a direction I would go.

Don't get me wrong, I am no purist, maybe if you have a mint numbers matching convertible but with a hardtop fill your boots with customization.

I guess my issue is when you look at the engine compartment it looks like no expense was spared and then moving back the used out of the box controls and finishes so the just look pieced together. I think with what they ended up with I would have opted for the stock console just refinished and then try to fit switching that is either more period correct, or go the other route and customize the whole thing, get high back buckets, a custom console and dash. Right now it looks to be someplace in the middle.

The body and mechanicals are outstanding, the fit and finish on all the exterior are show quality and gorgeous I just wish the theme carried over to the interior, like I said it's great until you see the window, air-ride and especially heater controls. Then it falls apart for me.

But I bet it rides like a dream and can go through a set of tires in seconds!!!!
Red Leather Interior!
www.squarebirds.org/users/sidewalkman
Thunderbird Registry #61266
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_g...ibrary/trl.htm