Thread: Cruise control
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 03:04 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Cruise control

Good Morning, Jon! I was about to call it a night here when I saw your post. Yes, the pix are showing, and they are sized correctly, so you got that right. As for the door, it could be a number of things. One might be lubrication, or adjustment. Hopefully, someone else will come along and be able to give you more information than that. John Pizzi ~ jopizz and Carl Heller ~ partsetal have called it a night, but should be back on in the morning. Both are good persons to get to know because they are two who knows so very much about Squarebirds. Either one of them should be able to tell you what to look for to fix that door. If it turns out you need parts, Carl has plenty of Squarebirds parts and ships all over the world. Should he not have what you might need, then look at the Advertisements Forum, if you have not already done so. There you will find all the major Tbird parts houses listed. If you don't have their free catalogs, email them and ask them to mail them to you. Your Squarebird looks really nice, but that is the weirdest set up I have ever seen attached to a valve cover! It certainly looks like it was some older type of cruise control system, but I have never seen one like that before! Hopefully, someone has! If you can find any manufacturing information on it, post it here. I can do some research for you tomorrow on it, if you can find a name and/or model number. G'Night!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm