View Single Post
Old 03-16-2003, 11:48 AM
Experienced

Rockin Kev is on a distinguished road
Default RE: golde top 60 t-bird

Hi Vikie
Ford made 2536 sunroof models in 1960 of which 377 were fitted with the Lincoln 430ci engine. Today these cars are very rare and more collectable than when they were new. The name Golde comes from the makers of the sunroof Golde sunroofs based in Frankfort am Main Germany so if you read the the article i have put on this forum you will understand the history of the company. Well its just great your going to restore a sunroof model as they are rare and well worth restoring!!!. So what options have you got on your Bird and how about some photos for the members ride section?. If you have heard of gold painted roofs its a myth the Golde name comes from the sunroof maker!.
Iam very happy to have another Golde Thunderbird on this forum and iam sure the webmaster Alex will be aswell as these Birds are now very rare as i have been offered money for my sunroof model from Florida to Texas for mine and i live in England!!.
So you see you will not waste your money on this car so welcome to this forum and all the help you need is on hand here.
Kev 60 Sunroof
Thunderbirds of England.