Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   General Announcements (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Alexander Passed 2yrs Ago (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8338)

YellowRose 03-10-2010 12:54 AM

Alexander Passed 2yrs Ago

1 Attachment(s)
On the 10th it will be two years since Alexander passed away. We, who knew him, miss him greatly. For those of you who never had the opportunity to know him, you missed knowing a terrific man.

Julie has told me this evening that tomorrow night, she will be attending a Mass held in his memory. She has also told me that Alexander would be very pleased to see his beloved Squarebirds Forum flourish, and thanks us for keeping his dream alive.

I have asked driller or skyd to post his picture on the Home page. In the meantime, here it is, with "Charming".

SandyBoy 03-10-2010 09:21 AM

Sad

I am sad, today. Alexander and I met on a different car-board, a long time ago. He had a Thunderbird to which there was no dedicated computer site for other like minded folks, with interest in, or a car in the garage, like his. That being a 1958, 59 and 60 T-Bird.
Because of their "squarness" in shape, he named the site Squarebirds!
When the site was all ready to "go public" ~ he asked me to be the first member. WHAT? WHY? I have never owned a Thundrbird of
ANY year. Alexander said that didn't matter, and good people with an interest could join evwn if they had NO car. He even gave me a free pass to membership and I became the very first member.
Alexander & I spoke daily over this medium. I did not know much about Squarebirds, so Alexander fed me questions to my e-mail and I'd ask him the question publicly on this site, to which Alexander would reply to me.
That's how we got the place we all enjoy today. The old Little by little....
So, while I still have never owned a T-Bird (I have a Cadillac, a Lincoln and 2 Mustangs & 1 Mercury Capri and a Final Edition Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
...but I have come to know a heck of alot about Squarebirds!!

so, as the very first honored member, I have always been dedicated to this site, in the memory of my friend, Alexander.

Here is our sign-in page, to this site:

PostsTotal Posts: 3,397 (1.26 posts per day)
Find all posts by Alexander
Find all threads started by Alexander

PostsTotal Posts: 594 (0.22 posts per day)
Find all posts by SandyBoy
Find all threads started by SandyBoy

Yes, we went "public" on Halloween!!

So, 'ya, I miss him alot, and we had some really good times together and it was all cut too short, too soon.
"I miss 'ya, Doctor.

Luv Ya,
Still here, for ya
Sandy (or as you'd call me, "Sanford")

JohnG 03-10-2010 11:51 AM

Sandy, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!! Alexander was a special person and this website special because of him.

In a way, you read my mind. I had been thinking about him lately and wished there was some historical material describing how Squarebirds (and LOD) came about. You are really the one person to know that. What you posted today helps alot and if you can add more, that would be good, too. I was thinking that all newbies could be given a link so they could read it, and get a better perspective on things.

Thanks again! :)

john

SandyBoy 03-10-2010 05:23 PM

You have there one beautiful 'Bird, and I am sure she flies!
To address your question, No, there is nothing more to say,
regarding the earliest of early days of this site.
Your car looks just like Alexander's car.
Personally speaking....MY favorite Thunderbird, if I dare say
so, would be a 1966 Convertible with the hard tonneau cover
with the two headrests (padded) built into the front of the
headrest "humps". There was a rose or a lilac color that I
recall flipping over, and I really wanted toorder a new one,
but....I was 20 years old, in college, and had enough money to
probably purchase JUST the Tonneau Cover!!
Such is life...
BTW, I sold cars/trucks for 27 years. All 27 of those years, with MOPAR
I.C.D. & P (Imperial, Chrysler, Dodge & Plymouth & Dodge Trucks.)
Yes, I miss Alexander, alot. I do not miss selling cars, however.
Sandy

Dan Leavens 03-11-2010 05:39 PM

He was very unique man,humble as a doctor, very knowlegdeable and well known in the Thunderbird community.His legacy continues daily, on our squarebird.org site and to the many individuals then and now, that allow this site to flourish, he is sadly missed.

Bob M 03-11-2010 07:38 PM

I didn't know Alexander but I did talk to him on the phone once, I like many others owe him alot for starting this site as I have had alot of help when I started working on my Bird