Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   1958 To 1960 Squarebirds - General Technical Discussion (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I Have Hit The Mother Lode!! (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8298)

YellowRose 03-01-2010 07:37 PM

I Have Hit The Mother Lode!!

A bit ago, I checked my mail and found an envelope in it from Julie Sosiak! There were two CD's in it. One of them has a lot of Tbird pix and stuff that I have never seen before! As time permits, I will post the interesting ones on this Forum. It also has the Squarebirds Website settings, and a Zip File of a lot more things.

On the other one, was a folder labeled Squarebirds. On that CD are 13,615 files in 370 folders! I made a quick check of six missing files on the Home page Technical Tips that I have been looking for. Of the six, I have found four! I hope I will be able to find the other two with some more digging. I figure that if those four are there, then the rest of the missing files that go with them are probably there also.

Not only are the graphics there, but all the website files that run the Forum it looks like! Html files, logs, you name it! Julie says she gave me everything off Alexander's PC that she could find that applied to Thunderbirds and Squarebirds. I think I might have gotten it all! I am in 7th Heaven! We owe Julie a big thanks for taking the time to search for these files, getting them copied off, and sending them to me. I have already saved them on my backup hard drive and will make some more copies of them for safekeeping by other administrators.

As soon as I see what all I have, I will start the process of recovering those broken links or Technical Tips.

tbirds8 03-01-2010 08:06 PM

Thank You Julie!!!!!!!!!!

Dutchbird 03-01-2010 08:09 PM

GREAT NEWS!!!
And a big thanks to Julie for her grand gesture and contribution!

YellowRose 03-01-2010 08:15 PM

When I call Julie, I will extend your thanks to her! I now KNOW that I can fix four of the Technical Tips on the Home page listing. I have seen all the files for: Trunk Mat Install; Dashpad Install; Calibrating Fuel & Temp Gauges; and that Disc Brake Conversion for '58-'60 tech tip that so many have asked about! I have ALL those files! I am super elated! As soon as I can, I will start fixing them and putting them on the Technical Resource Library!

The Dash Pad Install and Calibrating Fuel & Temp Gauges have been working links for awhile. I am going to work on the Disc Brake Conversion file next.

bird 60 03-01-2010 08:33 PM

Very good news, & a thanks to you both from Down-Under.

Chris....From the Land of OZ.

YellowRose 03-01-2010 08:48 PM

I have just spoken with Julie and she is thrilled that I was able to find the missing files on the Squarebirds CD! I do not know if I have them all, but I will find out. She was quite excited that they were there! She said to extend her thanks to all of us for keeping Alexander's dream alive. She is very pleased to know that we are all keeping the Forum going. I have extended your thanks to her for taking the time and effort to find the files and getting them to me!

YellowRose 03-01-2010 09:16 PM

I have just fixed the Disc Brake Conversion Tech Tip for Squarebirds, located on the Technical Resource Library. Just click on the link below to see it. All the pix are now showing on this link!!! This disc conversion uses all Granada equipment.

Richard D. Hord 03-01-2010 09:28 PM

Hey Julie,
Thanks and God bless!
Richard D. Hord

Dakota Boy 03-01-2010 11:46 PM

If you own a Square, this site is like finding a gold mine.:cool:

redneck 03-02-2010 12:50 AM

Absoutely Awesome

Thank you to everyone associated with this site and a big thank you to Alexander and his family. What a gift! am also moved by the many testemonials to this great founder of this site. As a newbie, I access this site on a daily basis and it has already helped me immensely with some of my challenges with my alll original 60 hardtop. I have broused the new link and am absolutely blown away and appreciative. Thanks again to all.

Redneck in N. Minnesota