Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   1958 To 1960 Squarebirds - General Technical Discussion (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   "Deluxe" Dealer Brochure (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7833)

DKheld 12-08-2009 07:56 PM

"Deluxe" Dealer Brochure

A big thanks to Marco (DutchBird) for locating an outstanding example of the 16 page 60 Thunderbird "deluxe" dealer brochure for me. I bounced around about the purchase long enough that the seller reduced the price by 10% and that's all it took. Got it in the mail today and have been looking it over for an hour now. Great pics and info.

Some things I notice in the brochure that tell us a little about the manufacture process and dealer installed options are:

- None of the cars shown in the brochure have A/C although it is listed on the options page. You would think that that would be shown to sell the option.
- A convertible shown has a radio with the trunk mount antenna - no blank plate or antenna on the fender so it appears it could be ordered from the factory that way.
-A close-up of a hard top shows no day/night mirror but is listed as standard equipment - you would think that by '60 they would have those day/night mirrors on the photo cars. Also listed as standard were the clock, dome or courtesy lights, cigarette lighter, coat hooks...etc.
- The visored mirrors are listed as optional as well as Adjust-o-rings. The visored mirrors in the brochure are shown the the fender and an Adjust-o-ring is shown on the door.
- Glove box and Luggage lights are listed as an option.
- Did you know you could get a white Tbird with a blue roof? There are "Nineteen rich single colors for the exterior....15 harmononizing interior trims....3 distinctive convertible top colors.. and no less than 56 two tone hardtop combinations." I never knew there were so many color options.

Lots of fun looking at this brochure - if you ever get a chance to pick one up I would recommend it.

Thanks Marco!
Eric
registry 5347

Anders 12-09-2009 01:37 PM

Can you possible scan it and put the pics up here?

Ca58tbird 12-09-2009 06:46 PM

Eric, I second Anders request for some scanned pics.

DKheld 12-09-2009 08:49 PM

Some of the advertisements are spread across 2 pages and my scanner is only 11x17 so until I have time to scan and photoshop them together here are some pics. I think most of the ad's were/are available in individual ads or parts of the fold-out brochures. This "deluxe" brochure has it all in one booklet with color options on the back page and lots of fun info like "owner testimonials". I paid $45 for mine to give you an idea of what to expect to pay for one but I think I got a really good price. Probably the most expensive 16 page book I've ever bought but you know how us car guys are when it comes to our favorite model. :eek:

Eric
registry 5347

Ca58tbird 12-09-2009 10:17 PM

WOW! kewl, thanks for taking your time to scan all of those. I wonder if there is a similar brochure available for the '58 Bird?

DKheld 12-09-2009 10:45 PM

They are available for the '58 - Dutchbird has one and has reported to have seen one for the '59 so I believe they are available for all 3 years. You have to shop carefully for the '60 because there is a fold out 4 page brochure with the same front picture - probably the same with the others.

Eric

Anders 12-10-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKheld (Post 39718)
I paid $45 for mine to give you an idea of what to expect to pay for one but I think I got a really good price. Probably the most expensive 16 page book I've ever bought but you know how us car guys are when it comes to our favorite model. :eek:

Probably your best ever spended 45 bucks :cool:

THANKS for sharing. Love every part of it!

Dutchbird 12-10-2009 07:15 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ca58tbird (Post 39719)
WOW! kewl, thanks for taking your time to scan all of those. I wonder if there is a similar brochure available for the '58 Bird?

Hi Jed,

At your service:

Dutchbird 12-10-2009 07:25 PM

5 Attachment(s)
And for part 2:

DKheld 12-10-2009 07:34 PM

Even though I own a '60 that '58 brochure is on my Santa list for next year - it's just great.

Eric