Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   1958 To 1960 Squarebirds - General Technical Discussion (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Vinyl die/paint help (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7620)

Gold Bird 10-30-2009 01:37 PM

Vinyl die/paint help

Now that I have my new seat covers for the bird my door panels don't match very well, faded. The light beige is pretty washed out looking, dark too. Any suggestions on who sells vinyl die spray paint?

Richard D. Hord 10-30-2009 03:43 PM

Hey Tom,
Check Ray's post on Interior work on Rose is about done. Click on the web site below Rose and his name, scroll down the page till you see the cans of spray paint. There you will fine the name of the product Danny is using!
Richard D. Hord

Ca58tbird 10-30-2009 04:19 PM

Tom, years ago I sprayed the interior blue vinyl of my 58 using a pre-val sprayer and Dupont Lucite Vinyl Color. I still have after 15 years 1/2 full qt. can of it left. Reading the label looks like it it needs a 304S, 305S or 306S resin to be used as a converter/hardener. The 304,305, 306 are for the amount of gloss you want on the final vinyl finish. I used 305 for medium gloss and can tell you that the Dupont product was good stuff and did the trick.

RustyNCa 10-30-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gold Bird (Post 38574)
Now that I have my new seat covers for the bird my door panels don't match very well, faded. The light beige is pretty washed out looking, dark too. Any suggestions on who sells vinyl die spray paint?

When I first bought my olds it had been vinyl painted tan.

I found a local paint store that color matched some vinyl paint to what someone else had started and loaded it into spray cans for me. We tried to find an off the shelf color to match ever found it...

Before you ever start your vinyl paint project use SEM Vinyl paint prep and the paint job will last very well.

For an example here is my olds when I started....

Here it is now after I vinyl painted the door panels and the dash pad. It had been about three years I think since I did it when I took these photos. It is holding up very well. The seats I had redone and this was done with SEM vinyl paint.

Gold Bird 10-31-2009 03:17 PM

Think I will take a run to the auto paint store with a piece of the new vinyl seat cover for a match. Thanks to all for the help!